SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Molesey SCC Slot.it challenge rules 2012 (proposed)

• Only Slot.it cars (no open top sports) & Slot.it parts may be used with the exception of Scaleauto motors and parts listed as FREE CHOICE. Newly released cars/spares must be available from Pendle Slot Racing 2 weeks prior to an event to be eligible to use at that event. New cars/spares which may radically change the championship format must be passed for use by the committee.
• Traction Magnets MUST be removed and no extra magnets can be added.
• Cars MUST have all their chassis to body fixing screws firmly secured or covered with a piece of tape or blue tac to prevent screws working loose and falling onto the track.

BODY
• Bodies may be repainted but must remain standard, no lowering of bodies, body mounting posts or trimming of wheel arches (with the exception of the Jaguars wheel arch locating points inside the body which may be removed to prevent the tyre from rubbing). Interiors may be replaced with a Slot.it lightweight vacformed interior complete with a driver figure/head and must be a neat fit inside the body so that the chassis is not visible when viewed from above. Windscreens/Windows must remain standard and remain clear so that the interior can be viewed. Bodies MUST start each race with rear spoilers in place and securely fastened. The use of plain Unpainted bodies is not allowed, plain Unpainted bodies must be painted so that there are no unpainted areas (the use of clear coat laquer over unpainted plastic is not allowed). Wing mirrors & aerials may be removed. Headlamp / tail lamp lenses must be in place at the start of the first heat of each meeting.

• Nissan R390 must retain the rear grill section at the start of each heat.
Mazda may use the Jaguar XJR9 racing rear wing as a replacement for the original.

CHASSIS
• Chassis must match the body and remain standard. The chassis edges may be trimmed to allow body or motor mount rock only, excessive trimming is not allowed and must not be used as a way of reducing weight or increasing flex. Some cars are supplied with angle winder ready chassis which are eligible for use in the championship, however they MUST retain the two pop outs which allow an angle winder mount to fit if used with inline or sidewinder mounts. The HRS & HRS2 adjustable chassis are NOT eligible.

SUSPENSION UNITS
• Suspension units in standard form may be used providing the body or chassis is not modified to fit them. Suspension units must remain standard no mixing / matching of units allowed.

MOTOR MOUNTS
• You may use any Inline, sidewinder or anglewinder matching motor & mount combination i.e. a boxer mount must use a long can motor. Motor mounts MUST remain standard and must not be modified in any way. Motors MUST fit the mount as they were intended i.e. no turning or lowering of motor in mount, no additional adaptor mounts can be used. Only Black "0 offset" mounts are permitted.

MOTORS
• Any Slot.it or Scaleauto mabuchi or longcan, "closed casing" (No open cans i.e open can Boxer) motors are eligible for use and MUST remain standard with the exception of cutting down the motor shaft to avoid interfering with running gear. No hybrids or upgrading of motor magnets or brush gear allowed. If there is evidence of the motor can being opened this will be viewed as tampering and the motor will be deemed illegal.
The motor must retain the label/Wrapper where applicable although the wrapper may be cut off on the underside of the car .

GEARING
• Gears MUST remain standard, no drilling or lightning of gears allowed. Any combination of gearing from the Slot.it range only may be used.

WHEELS
• Wheels MUST remain standard, no drilling or lightening of wheels allowed. Any combination of Slot.it wheels (plastic, alloy or magnesium) from the Slot.it range only may be used. Slot.it F1 sized wheels are not eligible. The only other option of wheel available for use is the PCS 32101 alloy wheel (which must run with wheel inserts)

AXLES
• Solid or hollow axles from the Slot.it range only to be used. Slot.it independent front axle kits may be used in standard form only.

TYRES
• Rear tyres are of a free choice from the Slot.it "F series" range only SIPT26 F15, SIPT27 F22 and SIPT28 F30.

• Tyres may be glued to the wheels, trued and treated but must feel dry to touch at the start of a race. Tyre goops are NOT allowed. In order for the scrutineers to identify the tyres used are legal, the Slot.it logo which is molded to the tyre wall must be clearly visible . Please Note if the tyres are not easily identifiable by the scrutineers they will be deemed illegal.

• Front Tyres are of a free choice but must be of a rubber compound. Front tyres may be clear varnished.

TYRE TREATMENT
• Please note the use or presence of syringes for inflating tyres is not permitted.

• Any Oil Of Wintergreen type products or MB19063 tyre additive/substances are also banned.

• Anyone caught with or using these products at a SIC venue/event will be disqualified and asked to leave the event.

GUIDES
• Any guide from the Slot.it range only may be used and may be trimmed to shape if required. (It is illegal to add parts to a guide i.e. extending the blade.)

LIGHTING KITS
• Are not required and MUST not be fitted.

FREE CHOICE
• Only parts available from the Slot.it range are to be used except for the following:
• Braid, axle/guide spacers, motor to guide cable, alloy wheel grub screws and body screws & motor fixing screws.

If It's not mentioned above then it's illegal!

Classic

Only Slot.it and NSR classic models are permitted.

Rules for Slot.it models.

Cars must remain standard apart from the following changes:

1. Any Slot.it tyre can be used on the rear, front tyre choice is free.
2. Spacers can be used on front and rear axles but the wheel/tyre mustn't be visible when viewed from above.
3. Braids, lead wires, body and motor mount screws are free choice.
4. Either solid or lightweight spur gears can be used but the standard 11/34 gear ratio must be maintained. Gears with squared off teeth will not be permitted
5. All screws can be run loose if desired.

Please note traction magnets must be removed and any model supplied with an offset mount as standard must have this item replaced with a "0 offset" black item. Wheel inserts must be present at all times.

Rules for NSR models.

Cars must remain standard apart from the following changes:

1. Either supergrip or ultragrip tyres can be used on the rear(no extremes), front tyre choice is free.
2. Spacers can be used on front and rear axles but the wheel/tyre mustn't be visible when viewed from above.
3. Braids, lead wires, body and motor mount screws are free choice.
4. All screws can be run loose.
5. Any combination of Soft/Medium/Hard Chassis's and motor mounts can be used.

Please note traction magnets must be removed. Wheel inserts must be present at all times.

As far as 1/24 goes, I really don't know. Do we want them totally standard? Or allow different tyres and gear ratios etc? With regard to the Scaleauto/MSC Chassis, what type of Bodies are we going to allow?

Where are we with the fourth class? Are we going for Rally or are we sticking to NSR Porsches until we know where we are with the proposed track change? We need to make a decision soon for obvious reasons!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not bothered either way tbh, maybe we should discuss it with everyone on Thursday. If we did keep Porsches, I'd like to see it extended to include the Corvette and the Audi.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not? Surely it would be more interesting to see three different models on track than just one? When we decided on the Porsches as a class the other models didn't exist but I'm sure if they had we'd be using them. Anyway that's just a detail, we need to get a decision on whether to carry on or not. If we do I'm certainly not doing another Red Bull paint job

·
Registered
163 Posts
Extract from minutes of AGM:-

Item 8. Car Classes for 2012.

The proposals put forward by the committee and agreed by members were:-

1. "BRM" will be renamed "1/24 Scale". This will allow additional makes to enter the class. It was agreed to include BRM & Scaleauto and to allow swap-out of bodies on Scaleauto cars.

2. "Classics" will remain the same as 2011.

3. "Slot.it Challenge" As 2011 but with some rule changes to align with the 2012 national rules.

4. New class "MSC Rally".
Member were given the chance to test run the car before voting

Neil...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just have a few concerns about the free choice bodies on the 1/24 MSC chassis. The problem is most of these bodies are intended as static models and as such have fully detailed floor to ceiling interiors which will fowl the inside of the chassis. What do you replace the interior with? We cant allow lexan type interiors because it would make a mockery of the "as standard rules". I just think it opens up a whole can of worms.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
QUOTE (Flange @ 7 Dec 2011, 22:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>+ the majority vote was to 'sit on the fence'
If that was the case (which clearly wasn't), there would be no 'majority vote'. Just to be clear, I am not defending the choice made as I was one of those 'sitting on the fence'.

G

·
My thoughts on the 24 scale build your own body is, it will be down to the builder to make the body as standard as possible with cut outs for the motor with the interior supplied with the kit.

To make it fair the body has to weigh the same as a standard scaleauto Porsche or BMW which ever one is the heaviest.

We will have to look at the gearing soon as, talk Thursday. Sorry for the late reply my internet was down last night.

Are the negative thoughts on the rally class because of the hubs spitting?

If this is the case we need to sort it out before the new year, I'm happy to try and find an answer, again tonight to discuss.

Skid Mark thanks for the rules, when are decide the final rules I'll post them up on our facbook and Molesey site.

This fence can't take much more, I hear there is wind coming down from Scotland, be careful everyone.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Most of the MSC Rtr cars have plastic low detail interiors as standard so why not just allow a plastic moulded interior for the MSC plastic kit conversion type car.
The MSC cahssis weighs a load more than the BRM cars anyway so there is no weight advantage

Standard MSC Porsche body weighs - 41 grams
Revell 1/24 kit Mercedes DTM weighs - 55 grams standard.

Why dont we just impose a minimum weight on the cars to race ?

Dealing with some family things in France at the moment will be back in the New year

Merry Xmas to you all
Peter

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Can't understand the need for all these bs other bodies ? Thing is its where the weight is , not the total weight , a car weighing 100g but most of which being the chassis will go better than a 90g car with the weight mostly being in the body/interior .

It should be standard bodies only! We won't have this horse play rubbish .

Hope everything turns out alright in France Peter .

·
Registered
873 Posts
For the splitting huns ... just replace the rears hubs with any metal hub, but keep the original msc tyres.
we all have loads of spare hubs lying about.
Reread your answer Lee.. and re-read the post you answered........ theres no change to the weight of the chassis .. just more on the body weight ... so in fact a disadvantage rather than an advantage.
engage brain then type

all ok in France , just back in the uk for a few days to sort some work out, then back to France.
Cheers
Peter

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Why are you telling me to 'engage brain then type'? I wasn't aiming my post at yours , if I was I would have quoted you .

Who says everyone will use a revel mercedes dtm kit! Some may want to use a kit where the weight weighs 30g in which case weight needs to be added to the roofs of the cars IMO it should be a 10-15g penalty for having a different body if it is under weight , if you really want to run it you won't mind

And with regards to replacing them with alloy wheels , surely this again removes the standard part , if someone else puts alloys on there car because they broke them , quite frankly I am going to put alloy/mag wheels on mine too , I'm sure I wouldn't be alone .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.