SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anybody else got one of these and if so what do you think of it? More importantly what have you changed\tuned?

Bought mine on ebay (Mint In Box) a while a go, pinion was piss-poor quality and split after a couple of laps, managed to get a replacement from Pendle. However, I was expecting a lot from this car (I've got a real one
) but have to say that so far it's been a big disappointment. Sounds like a dentist's drill and seems to have absolutely no traction even though the tyres feel grippy to the touch. It's also incredibly tail happy. I can't get it to lap even as quickly as my old 1990's Scalextric RS200 and BMW M3 E30 shape!!!! I suspect it's undergeared at the moment, hence the crap traction. So guys, i'm prepared to splash some cash on improvements so what do people recommend.

edit: is there anything that can be done about the dentist drill noise as well ?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
This is why I love this hobby (and this forum?). This car is top notch at Phoenix (translates to 150 feet of 6 lane Ninco and 21 V Psu etc etc raced non mag). In our touring car class this is THE car and nothing NOTHING comes close except Ninco M3. Run it loose, sand hubs and tyres, skinny tyres at front, glued in motor and axle bearings and it goes so well. We limit the motor to Evo 2 and no modifications except those mentioned. Everyone uses it and on a race night you can expect to see 32 line up time after time after time
the pinion is weak, true to Pro Slot but change for a good one and happy racing

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes, it is a wonderful car; also here in Rome we have many of them, and they run like hell.
We use the Slot-it 29K motor glued, and Slot-it gears, 11/36; no mag but some lead in the middle and near the guide; tyres well sanded and very small at the front ( I use Gom front and Ninco racing or Proslot rear on Shockslot wheels); I have also changed the guide with a Slot-it, with bronze bushing; body screws well loosened : you will see wonderful slides !!!

Ciao

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
I really like the ProSlot Alfa 156! Here's a photo of one that I modified for the Tasmanian proxy race series held a couple of years ago:

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to add some extra info...this car is used on Scalextric Sport track, generally a fairly twisty track with shorts straights.

I take it the Slot-It Pro-axle kit I should get is this one?

SIKK05 STARTER KIT SIDEWINDER PROSLOT -34 tooth (SIPA04)

if so what pinion would I be best to run with this bearing in mind the above circuit type and make.

When you say skinny tyres do you mean diameter or width?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and some further information. It's currently running a blue plastic 11 tooth pinion with whatever tooth crownwheel that came as standard. Seems to be a fair bit of resistance when turning the back wheels which I guess is also responsible for the terrible noise, obviously not meshing very well.

Engine seems pretty firmly fixed in, no apparent movement but there's very little, if any space between the engine and the axle.

It's currently got a proslot 6.5g weight up front just behind the front stub axles and no magnet, although the slot for fixing it to it's display case looks like it doubles up as a place to put a button magnet. Any reccommendations for size\strength\type of button magnet to putin there to tame the tail happiness a little bit. Would be nice if wasn't quite so keen to swap ends!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Russell Sheldon @ 1 Feb 2004, 07:24 AM)I really like the ProSlot Alfa 156! Here's a photo of one that I modified for the Tasmanian proxy race series held a couple of years ago:

Kind regards

Russell
Russell,

what bit's were needed to swap it to inline engine mount?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
****** hairpiece, thats a totally different chassis...

anywhom, yes that the right axle but ask for a proslot sidewinder gear aswell, proslot gears are a funny size!

or do what I did and ask for a normal size gear for fly or scalex sidewinder and a selection of inline pinions, look in HERE and there is a topic that i started on it!

Rob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts