SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Some time ago I bought the ProSlot Toyota GT1 because I wanted something to go with my Slot.it Audi R8C. As you propably all know ProSlotcars are not of the best manufacturing quality and my car ate its pinion and crown almost out of the box.
Now I've changed the gears and put in a "real" front axle and new tyres all from Slot.it and it runs much better.
Im waiting for some excellent alu hubs made by a guy here in Denmark.

I've tried different gear ratios and the best compromise between speed and acceleration are 28/9 or 28/8 on my track. But I still need some top speed so my plan is to install a Slot.it V12 29K (inline and Slot.it motor mount)
What do you think about that? Is there a better motor?
Ive also tried ratios 28/10 and 28/11 for more topspeed but the acceleration was not good enough.

The motor in the Toyota is a Mabuchi Evo4 does anybody know how many RPM's it runs?

Ive found out that I get a kick out of making a poorly made car run good and fast:p so my plan is to buy and modify a ProSlot Ferrari 360. Does anybody know this car?

Morten

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Are you running magnet (s) in it? I am surprised that the evo 4 is not enough, mine has almost too much power even wth magnets! I think the evo 4 motor is rated about 29k too. The only one I can think of that might be faster is the scale auto/MRRC red monster that is rated 35k, but you had better glue the tires on!!

I have the Ferrari 360 too and run it with out mags. I really like it and it runs well against my Ninco 911 GT3-R. It has the evo 2 motor with gold sticker and seems to have good power for non mag running. I trued and glued it, including the gears to the shafts, and added about 7gms of weight behind the guide. The Proslot tires have very good grip and the rubber mounted pod seems to work well too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi PeteN!

Well I don't know about the Evo 4. It is very hard to find info about it. It doesn't seem to have the same power as the motor in my Audi....

Morten

·
Registered
446 Posts
QUOTE Well I don't know about the Evo 4. It is very hard to find info about it. It doesn't seem to have the same power as the motor in my Audi....

Well yes, but the Audi is formed of a Competition motor, superb meshing and competition gears, axles, chassis, connections and has a very light body. It would be difficult to compare them. I trust you were using the same resistance controller?

The Scaleauto 35k motor is not as powerful as it sounds. It can go round a track with a few corners quite easily but fails to do so after a while. It doesn't have the power in the acceleration that you would expect.

·
Gary Skipp
6,503 Posts
QUOTE (MR MAX @ 12 Sep 2004, 21:06)Well yes, but the Audi is formed of a Competition motor, superb meshing and competition gears, axles, chassis, connections and has a very light body. It would be difficult to compare them.
Except for the fact they are both equal, superb non mag racers.

Ask anyone racing non mag GT - Its either the Audi or the GT1. Not the Audi then the GT1.

Morten, you may just have a duff motor. At our club the Audis and GT1 can keep up with each other no problem.

And I'm not discounting the 956 here, just doesnt seem to be as good.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes LMP04...my thought also...it should have plenty of power to accelerate fast and go fast but it doesnt.

So I think I'm going for the Slot.it motor. There must be other things than the RPMs that tells you if it is a fast, good accelerating , and braking motor im just not into the technical details.
I have a Ninco Porsche 934 Brumos wich has a NC5 motor but it doesnt go as fast as my Ninco BMW M3s with NC2 motors wich on paper should be slower...not counting that the Porsche handles worse than the BMWs.

Morten

·
Registered
316 Posts
Gents.......

Evo3... and Evo4... Both awesome motors.... .... the difference between them is the amperage they run well on.....

The Evo3 is rated at 12v - 26000 rpm and used to run better than the EVo4 at Molesey when they ran the track on mains voltage and amperage..... Even though the Evo4 is rated at 30K......

The Evo4, running on a truck battery and a charger on boost, will stretch it legs and blow the Evo3 away....

However -the Evo4 is now a pig to get hold off, with some dealers recommending other motors cos they cant get hold of them.....

Im guessin the lack of performance you are experiencing is due to the power supply - not the motor....

Hope this helps

CooLS

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I'm running a Scaly Sport track with dual stock power supplies and about an 11ft straight. My Toy GT1 will pull my Audi down the straight, but the Audi is a little easier to drive. The GT1 power seems to come on hard near full throttle like a 2 stroke motorbike. It has very strong brakes too, and it's a good thing! I am running with magnets and mostly stock cars, except the magnets on the GT1.

I have 2 cars with the MRRC red motors and both are wicked fast. The Toyota Celica G5 and the red Cobra, but I had to take it out of the Cobra because I was running it non mag and it kept trying to take off!? I am thinking of building a super LMP car with it, maybe with one of the Cadillac LMPs that came with my original set.

I also bought a few Mabuchi motors from a mail order electronics place that were rated at 1.5-3V for about $1 each. They are the same size as the new, small Fly race motors that come in the Fly BMW M3 GTRs, so they don't fit many things. I glued one into an old SCX rally car and itis now a rocket! I put another in my HO powered Pink Kar Ferrari GTO and it took quite a bit of lead to hold it down. And amazingly enough, the motor doesn't get very hot? In fact, the performance is very close to my Fly M3? I would say they are close to the Slot It 25K motor powerwise. I think the P/N was FF-130SH and I got them at www.allelectronics.com FYI

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
Hi Morton

I would guess that you have over geared the Evo4.

A 9/27 is more than enough for a really long straight (20-30ft)

An 8/25 (new slot.it gear) would be better. Much cheaper than changing the motor.

Another alterative get a set of the Slot.it plastic hubs on the car. Try them from the Audi first. You will find a good balance with them.

Mr C

1 - 10 of 10 Posts