SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
How are you coming to that conclusion? Do you have a optical tacho or some other means of telling the RPM? Do you have a power supply that is able to supply the necessary current?

cheers
rick1776

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i have a 30amp power supply, i done the usual run in period the motor runs fine but seems to lack the punch i was expecting maybe i have one of the less good ones, or maybe it needs longer to run in the parma & falcon are 500th faster per lap on my 80ft track ?.

·
Rich Dumas
3,669 Posts
There can be a fairly wide range of performance with motors like this. The timing can vary for one thing and the brush hoods can be out of line. The armatures are supposed to be balanced, at least they have holes drilled in them, but out of dozens of armatures I never found a single one that was perfectly balanced.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
About three or four years ago I tried a SpeedFX S16D as an alternative to the Parma versions I'd been using up until then.
I too found it lacking a little punch compare to the Parma and it hasn't turned a lap since. Perhaps it's just the way they are?

L.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
I thought the whole point of high performance Proslot motors was that they have good tolerances and come tuned and fit to race evenly.

50000rpm on an 80 foot track? Maybe you need a straight section that long to even get close to 50000rpm for any sustained length of time? Or maybe it simply has awful torque so it will never get to its speed potential unless your straight section was as long as the M1?

What controllers are you using, because if this soaks up 10amps you'd need very low ohm resistance to get anything like performance from such a high rpm motor, wouldn't you?

Or maybe your style of running in has damaged the motor in some way (very likely if you've run it in under water or in another metal-corrosive material) simply because you are expecting all motors to react to a sustance in the same manner as you are used to. How did it run before you ran it in? I assume you timed it with your car on the track before you decided it needed running in?

Or maybe you got sold a duffer so you need to take it back to your retailer and hope they'll exchange it after you ran it in?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Screwneck
It only soaks up about 3amps ? they are suppose to be balanced etc, they do come with drilled marks as if balanced but im sure they are not as good as the more expencive ones, after all it is only a £15 motor, i have read there are some duff ones about maybe its one of them but it is still running ok and its nice to have a tame motor for newbies to have a go with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts