SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Proslot still about making new cars?

I don't recall seeing anything new from them in quite a while now.

Alan

·
Registered
446 Posts
Get Slotted say that they are becoming very scarce now and they only make 2/3 Porsche slot cars. They have just brought out an Alfa 156 Police Car.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
QUOTE Get Slotted say that they are becoming very scarce now and they only make 2/3 Porsche slot cars
Proslot, haven't released any new cars for around 2 years, their last contribution was the Porsche GT3 Cabriolet. However, there are cars still available from their entire range if you look hard enough. There is also the range of Policar, a subsiduary of Proslot who have released most of the Proslot cars in a cheaper range with plain coloured bodies.
QUOTE They have just brought out an Alfa 156 Police Car.
Again, not quite true. The range of Alfa 156 Police, Fire & Caribineri cars have been on the market for a couple of years.
Sean

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Not seen the Porsche Cabrio but wasn't the new mold white Toyota GT1 the last release?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
The white Toyota was exactly the same as previous Toyota releases except for the vent holes above the rear wheel arches which had been rather crudley cut away.
The Porsche Gt3 was available in 3 colours (I'm sure i saw them on a previous post) PS1072 Yellow, PS1073 - Met Black, PS1074 Met Blue. These were quite succesful race cars as they were very light, in previous years one or two have competed in the Slot-tech Porsche Challenge.
Sean

·
Registered
265 Posts
Last I spoke with the Professor, he said that the man in charge(I can't remember his name), had taken very ill and the operation was suspended. I haven't heard wether he is back in business, but I will ask on my next (all too soon) visit to the Prof's shop.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's very sad then to hear that...My Ferari Proslot car wasn't the best but it was a fun car to drive.

Alan

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
I think that there is possibly a case of mistaken identity here. I remember when Proslot (the European RTR slot car manufacturer) arrived on the scene some years back I did a web search and could only find a Proslot which appeared to be a manufacturer of after market parts for high performance 1/24 slot cars of the type more often used in America. To make matters even more confusing the US Proslot later announced that it had become a distributor for the European Proslot.

Talk at the toyfair two or three years ago suggested that Bburago were interested in taking over Proslot to get a foothold in the growing slot market, but there doesn't seem to be any more news of that than the threatened release of Exoto slotcars.

Mr.M

·
Rich Dumas
3,546 Posts
ProSlot is indeed a respected maker of cars and parts for commercial track 1/24th racing. I have won a lot of races with their armatures. Their logo is the same as the one on the box that my ProSlot Toyota came in, but there are no 1/32nd cars listed on their website.

·
Registered
998 Posts
My fiancee has just bought a ProSlot Porsche 911 GT3 and after looking up the manufactures name on Google it seems that ProSlot have moved into the sportswear distribution business!

So more Pro Sport than Pro Slot!

It's a shame as they always made some really nice cars.

Alan

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE (RichD @ 1 Sep 2004, 00:59)Their logo is the same as the one on the box that my ProSlot Toyota came in . . .
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is true and is probably the most confusing factors of all!

G

·
I was told recently by the importer and distributor in the U.K of Proslot that Proslot hadn't gone out of business, just for whatever reason has gone very quite, how true this is, i don't know, looks like we will have to wait and see !

Geoff

·
Registered
366 Posts
Proslot if you're out there please come back you're missed
. But before you do please hire someone for quality control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts