Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the help of my 2 friends Tonton and Lady P. who did most of the work, we finally have a (metallic) net that prevents cars to fly over the banked curve:

The aluminum rods have been screwed above and underneath and are very solid

To protect arms and clothes from the sharp points we used a plastic cover all around

We cut the base of the Carrera guardrail holders and thightened them to the rods so we still have a soft protection for the car body before it touches the metallic net

Best regards
Edo

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
It certainly looks the job
but I have some fears for your cars. Your track look great.

Since my mind is also set on that problem, I was thinking about cutting a camping foam mattress in the required width. I guess that would prevent damage from most shocks. I am even thinking putting these "walls" all around my track.

For the netting, I was thinking about using a mosquito net, always with the idea of diminishing damage risks.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
We use steel catch fencing at phoenix. I`ve found that the cars are ok as long as you have a set of barriers in place. Been using Ninco type that come in their sets to break up the initial impact and cars seem to hack it ok. The problem you have is if they hit the posts straight on but I reckon you will be ok on the banked curves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts