SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Ive recently acquired this and I am in the middle of trying to make it work again! So far it will do a circuit with evidence of needing new tyres and gear replacement so nothing major really. I know its quite a recent model so not really a "collectors" model but I find it pretty interesting as Ive never see one before.

Does anybody know of any good resources for information on the Proteus cars. My google-fu must be weak as all I can ascertain is they existed, sold some cars, reviews were good and then they vanished with the moulds being purchased.

Any help would be great.

I'm particularly keen to find out what this would have looked like "new" as it is missing a few little pieces.

Cheers,

Alan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers dodge. I´d not seen that link.

I´ll give Pendle a bell in the week to see if any mirrors exist! Ive sized up the tyres from other cars Ive got and will probably get some WASPs on it and use it. Seems like a nice enough car.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Spanish enthusiast slot car company Proteus only garnered two cars before closing shop, the Heuliez Pregunta and the Lamborghini Murcielago. Too bad the company didn't last longer, as the engineering and build quality was remarkably good, and also incorporated some original and clever ideas in the mechanics that's still not found in cars from other makers.

Proteus also had some orginal original and unusual cars in the pipeline, that are now likely to never see the light of day from other makers. The Proteus range that was announced in the beginning of the 2000s:

The Bugatti Veyron today exists from AutoArt and Scalextric, but no other maker has ever announced the 24-hour
world speed record holding supercar Volkswagen W12 (Nardo) or the Edonis.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that... from the home racing link provided i´m finding some good stuff. I was going to chuck it into a pile of "spares" cars but think it deserves some more work.

Its a nice looking model & pretty well built. I have read reviews pointing to the wings not being the best.. probably why this has none!

Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts