SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 275GTB is one of the prettiest Ferraris in my opinion. This model is built from a Proto Slot prepainted kit; but I have repainted it so it's a fantasy livery.
If built as supplied with the kit you will get the red & blue #29 LeMans car.
My model now has a darker shade of red and I have painted an orange stripe instead of the blue decal supplied.
Proto Slot is a big step up from the Ocar shells that I have assembled before. All parts are well finished and everything fits as it should. I enjoyed building this kit, hope you like the photos.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,
Jamie - the car handles really well. It runs on a Cartrix "Classic" chassis (Proto Slot can provide a metal chassis option too), with a NC-1 type motor. AUW is 85 grams. I haven't done any extensive testing because it was finished only yesterday, but the performance & handling is on par with a Ninco Classic, which is really nice.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Philip, glad you like it!
Pitcher: - I use a technique that I learned from Graham (Zagato) who makes the gorgeous Aston Martin kits;
Get a permanent silver marker pen with a pointed fiber tip, they are available in art stores and many office supply stores. Then run the pen along the molded edge around the window.
The idea is to only run the pen along the ridge - if it has been molded nicely you will get a very thin and neat silver line around the window.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hello Balsaworks,

I totally agree with your detection that Proto-slot-kits are well perpared and the finish is nearly perfect.
Sometimes kits are a little bit -oversized-. Unfortunately they are not precise in scale 1:32.
I also ordered the F 275 GTB. He his in my - stock - wainting for being assembled.
Your result is a great incentive for me to start next. ( I will do the -original Le Mans-version and I am a little bit
unsure how to execute the blue tape lines. May be paintwork would be the better solution. Have you recognized that
the blue tape line a cross the body should got fine white lines attendant.........)

You do a brilliant work ! I like it. Compliments.

Kind regards

Claus

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Claus,
I really appreciate your positive comments, that means a lot. Yes, those really narrow pin stripes are a pain.
The best I have tried is the Tamiya 0.7 mm yellow masking tape. It works quite well, but it is not quite narrow enough for those really thin paint lines.
It might be worth a try to cut even narrower strips of Tamiya tape. Or a very pointed pen and a custom made curved ruler (and a steady hand...)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.