SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
League 1

1. Hornby IRL
2. SRS2 saloons
3. SCX F1 - Old, non-magnet types (Ferrari, Minardi, Jordan, McLaren)
4. DTM's - old style Ninco (not clear if this is to be NC1 or RX motors)
5. Hornby Group C (only those with glued magnet)
6. 1/24th Carrera
7. Hornby Lotus & Caterham 7s
8. Hornby large wheel saloons (TR7, 911, Rover V8, BMW 3.0 CSL)

League 2

The first three classes may be dropped if we run another NSCC championship season.

1. Post Y2K rally
2. NASCAR
3. 4WD - Old SCX & Hornby band drive
4. 60's sport
5. Hornby Muscle (Camaro, Mustang, Corvette & Torino)
6. 60's era LM GTs
7. GTO
8. Super magnet F1

Will add clarification on what class titles mean/car eligibility as that becomes clear.

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
QUOTE 3. 4WD - Old SCX & Hornby band drive

Hooray! Does this mean the fat Audi is finally banned?

Mr.M

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
Scott - thank you for posting the list - I hadn't written them down last week and wss hoping to see a copy in order to start a spreadsheet of cars we could agree to run.

Mr M - The Audi tank is included in the class but it might make a welcome change to exclude this car for a quarter, but what else has the fine nerfing abilities (well in mere mortal's hands - some of us can nerf in most things!!).

I might try and sneak my Revell 250GTO into the Le mans 60's class, wpnce I get new tyres.

J-c

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
QUOTE (j-c @ 23 Nov 2004, 10:41)Mr M - The Audi tank is included in the class but it might make a welcome change to exclude this car for a quarter, but what else has the fine nerfing abilities (well in mere mortal's hands - some of us can nerf in most things!!).

I might try and sneak my Revell 250GTO into the Le mans 60's class, wpnce I get new tyres.

J-c
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But the Audi 90 isn't band drive! And are you going to run your Revell in "60's Sport" or "60's era LM GTs" ?
Or both?

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
Hmm, maybe a comma is needed:

"Old SCX, and Hornby band drive"

I would think the Revell would be better suited to the 60's Sports due to the open chassis, but then as it isn't Hornby it may not qualify - and I don't know how competive it will be against the Pink Kar with SCX engine.

It will be nice to see it go though.

(Don't think I should try and get it in to two different classes in one night !!)

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
QUOTE (j-c @ 23 Nov 2004, 12:30)Hmm, maybe a comma is needed:

"Old SCX, and Hornby band drive"

Aaah! So why suddenly is there mention of Hornby band drive, they're only SCX cars anyway! They've never been singled out for mention before.

I would think the Revell would be better suited to the 60's Sports due to the open chassis, but then as it isn't Hornby it may not qualify - and I don't know how competive it will be against the Pink Kar with SCX engine.

It will be nice to see it go though.

(Don't think I should try and get it in to two different classes in one night !!)

Originally the class was for 60's slot car models of 60's real cars (and the Javelin/Electra), and I have run MRRC and others in that class, then when all the contemorary models of 60's cars started coming out, we added the other class. Can't remember which way round it is, but I 'spose it's handy that they're on the same night. Then I can bring something for each class knowing it'll get used.

Mr.M

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
QUOTE They've never been singled out for mention before

Sir - it was Scott what singled them out, sir - twasn't me!!

I had bought an SCX Subarua for this class until the Audi's dominated - so it would be good to have a non-Audi season - we did this years ago as well on a Tuesday night. Only thing is it may mess up others who only have the Audi.

I'd be happy for 1960's released 60's cars in the 60's sports and 60's Le Mans being the modren releases. - but again its convincing others.

It's nice to race different cars of mine for a change - although it would take years to get through all yours!!

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
May I suggest it is referred to as pre sprung-guide SCX 4 wheel drive? Or Fly Rally?

The sprung-guide (i.e. wireless cars) then all become eligible for Millenium Bug Rally or whatever it is called!

There! That's two classes sorted at a stroke! Just 32 more to go!

Mr.M

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Interesting what difference a comma might make.

Sadly, not my fault - that was one line I left unsubbed from Steve's email (copy below). I just took out the superfluous words, full stops and apostrophe "s". I also took the liberty of adding a few cars I was pretty sure were eligible for some classes.

QUOTE League 1
1. Hornby IRL's - No other makes allowed.
2. SRS2 Saloons.
3. Spanish F1 - Old non-magnet ones.
4. DTM's - The old Ninco ones.
5. Group 'C' - aimed at hornby nothing else currently allowed.
6. 1/24th Carrera
7. Lotus & Caterham's
8. Large wheel saloons.

League 2

The first 3 classes in this will be dropped if we run another of Gareth's NSCC seasons.

1. Post Y2K rally
2. Nascar.
3. 4WD - Old SCX & Hornby band drive.

4. 60's sport.
5. Hornby Muscle.
6. 60's era LM GT's
7. GTO.
8. Super magnet F1

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey a great idea, drop the fat-boy Audi, it would be nice to have the chance to run some real/classic rally cars for a change and be remotely competitive (okay there has been exceptions in the past; Mr M and his 959 spring to mind) but it would be nice to level up the playing field.

Funnily enough, Paul mentioned the other day about a classic rally car class. A class formed specifically for older rally cars such as the cars mentioned; also include cars from Team Slot; shame about the 4wd rule as the Stratos would be a popular choice.

Talking of the class list, I have just noticed that NASCAR is currently in the classes to be dropped if there is another round of the NSCC Championship. Noooo I have just bought a rather expensive Scalextric NASCAR specifically for next season - I am not moaning as the NSCC is good fun; I'm just in a state of shock at the price of NASCAR's of late.

James

P.S A small point, what about renaming 60's Sport to Sixties Scalextric to avoid confusion?

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
QUOTE (Jamie @ 23 Nov 2004, 17:39)P.S A small point, what about renaming 60's Sport to Sixties Scalextric to avoid confusion?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Avoid confusion?!?! And there was me thinking that confusion was the ultimate aim of some of the class names!

Hmmm!! "Sixties Scalextric"?? Would we not have to be a bit more specific or there will be GP cars, Go-karts, Sidecars, Vintage Bentleys and even 1/24 cars being wheeled out! Then again it does suggest that j-c's Ferrari will be ineligible, a regular aim of the class definitions, so perhaps something more snappy and all encompassing should be chosen for a title. Something that just rolls off the tongue like ; "Sixties Scalextric, Airfix/MRRC, Revell, Monogram, Strombecker LeMans Sport Prototype GT Tintops (and Open Cockpit).

Oh Yes! This is a doddle this class naming, isn't it?

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
I'm surprised, I would have thought a man with your depth of knowledge of the club would have been able to work that one out.

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
QUOTE "Sixties Scalextric, Airfix/MRRC, Revell, Monogram, Strombecker LeMans Sport Prototype GT Tintops (and Open Cockpit)"

gee thanks - have you got any old wallpaper I could use to print off the spreadsheets?!!

Actually - I still don't see how you would fit your Reprotec Arbarth in the above class!!

j-c

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
QUOTE (j-c @ 23 Nov 2004, 18:30)Actually - I still don't see how you would fit your Reprotec Arbarth in the above class!!

j-c
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'd invent a time machine, go back to the sixties and persuade Mr Reprotec to introduce a slot car of a vehicle which wasn't in existance yet. Even though he would probably still be at junior school.

Shan't be long!

Mr.M

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sorry I really should have provided a better example; I was going to suggest 'Sixties Scalextric Le Mans' but the Javelin and Electra being more like Can-Am cars, I dropped the 'Le Mans' part of the name subsequently leaving myself wide open to an onslaught.

I didn't realise that there were so many cars are eligible for that class; since attending the club I have only seen Scalextric cars race & none from the other manufacturers. Now if I had known that there was 6 different manufacturers that could be raced, I wouldn't have used the example I erm, merely suggested.

Methinks I might need to borrow that time machine.

James

1 - 16 of 16 Posts