SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
QUOTE 3. 4WD - Old SCX & Hornby band drive

Hooray! Does this mean the fat Audi is finally banned?

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
QUOTE (j-c @ 23 Nov 2004, 10:41)Mr M - The Audi tank is included in the class but it might make a welcome change to exclude this car for a quarter, but what else has the fine nerfing abilities (well in mere mortal's hands - some of us can nerf in most things!!).

I might try and sneak my Revell 250GTO into the Le mans 60's class, wpnce I get new tyres.

J-c
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But the Audi 90 isn't band drive! And are you going to run your Revell in "60's Sport" or "60's era LM GTs" ?
Or both?

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
QUOTE (j-c @ 23 Nov 2004, 12:30)Hmm, maybe a comma is needed:

"Old SCX, and Hornby band drive"

Aaah! So why suddenly is there mention of Hornby band drive, they're only SCX cars anyway! They've never been singled out for mention before.

I would think the Revell would be better suited to the 60's Sports due to the open chassis, but then as it isn't Hornby it may not qualify - and I don't know how competive it will be against the Pink Kar with SCX engine.

It will be nice to see it go though.

(Don't think I should try and get it in to two different classes in one night !!)

Originally the class was for 60's slot car models of 60's real cars (and the Javelin/Electra), and I have run MRRC and others in that class, then when all the contemorary models of 60's cars started coming out, we added the other class. Can't remember which way round it is, but I 'spose it's handy that they're on the same night. Then I can bring something for each class knowing it'll get used.

Mr.M

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
May I suggest it is referred to as pre sprung-guide SCX 4 wheel drive? Or Fly Rally?

The sprung-guide (i.e. wireless cars) then all become eligible for Millenium Bug Rally or whatever it is called!

There! That's two classes sorted at a stroke! Just 32 more to go!

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
QUOTE (Jamie @ 23 Nov 2004, 17:39)P.S A small point, what about renaming 60's Sport to Sixties Scalextric to avoid confusion?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Avoid confusion?!?! And there was me thinking that confusion was the ultimate aim of some of the class names!

Hmmm!! "Sixties Scalextric"?? Would we not have to be a bit more specific or there will be GP cars, Go-karts, Sidecars, Vintage Bentleys and even 1/24 cars being wheeled out! Then again it does suggest that j-c's Ferrari will be ineligible, a regular aim of the class definitions, so perhaps something more snappy and all encompassing should be chosen for a title. Something that just rolls off the tongue like ; "Sixties Scalextric, Airfix/MRRC, Revell, Monogram, Strombecker LeMans Sport Prototype GT Tintops (and Open Cockpit).

Oh Yes! This is a doddle this class naming, isn't it?

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
I'm surprised, I would have thought a man with your depth of knowledge of the club would have been able to work that one out.

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
QUOTE (j-c @ 23 Nov 2004, 18:30)Actually - I still don't see how you would fit your Reprotec Arbarth in the above class!!

j-c
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'd invent a time machine, go back to the sixties and persuade Mr Reprotec to introduce a slot car of a vehicle which wasn't in existance yet. Even though he would probably still be at junior school.

Shan't be long!

Mr.M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.