SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey a great idea, drop the fat-boy Audi, it would be nice to have the chance to run some real/classic rally cars for a change and be remotely competitive (okay there has been exceptions in the past; Mr M and his 959 spring to mind) but it would be nice to level up the playing field.

Funnily enough, Paul mentioned the other day about a classic rally car class. A class formed specifically for older rally cars such as the cars mentioned; also include cars from Team Slot; shame about the 4wd rule as the Stratos would be a popular choice.

Talking of the class list, I have just noticed that NASCAR is currently in the classes to be dropped if there is another round of the NSCC Championship. Noooo I have just bought a rather expensive Scalextric NASCAR specifically for next season - I am not moaning as the NSCC is good fun; I'm just in a state of shock at the price of NASCAR's of late.

James

P.S A small point, what about renaming 60's Sport to Sixties Scalextric to avoid confusion?

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Sorry I really should have provided a better example; I was going to suggest 'Sixties Scalextric Le Mans' but the Javelin and Electra being more like Can-Am cars, I dropped the 'Le Mans' part of the name subsequently leaving myself wide open to an onslaught.

I didn't realise that there were so many cars are eligible for that class; since attending the club I have only seen Scalextric cars race & none from the other manufacturers. Now if I had known that there was 6 different manufacturers that could be raced, I wouldn't have used the example I erm, merely suggested.

Methinks I might need to borrow that time machine.

James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.