SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

Aston Martin DP214 Collection

PRS known for their static moders are producing a range of 1/32 scale models based on the Aston Martin DP214.

Only 30 models of each livery will be produced.

The Aston Martin DP214, together with DP215 at the 1963 24 Hours of Le Mans

PRS models
  • Body is made in resin
  • Each rim is made up of 11 photo-etched parts
  • In the box there will be a second pair of softer tires to have a better performance and grip on the track
  • These Aston Martin DP214 have a Slot.it V12/3 motor with 21500 RPM with a 8 tooth pinion and 28 tooth crown
The first models of the collection will be:
  • Aston Martin DP214 - #7 Le Mans 1963 (Kimberley - Schlesser) - Art. CN32001
  • Aston Martin DP214 - #46 Winner Coppa Inter-Europa Monza 1963 (Salvadori) - Art. CN32002
  • Aston Martin DP214 - #2 Tourist Trophy 1963 - Art. CN32003

They will be followed by #1 Tourist Trophy 1963 and #8 Le Mans 1963.

More info: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Wow! They look beautifully made but probably way to expensive to race. Just a gentle drive now and again maybe?

Philip

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
They look excellent to me, I hope it works out for PRS so that they are able to release some other models from the same era.

Pete

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i did notice one thing about them, other than the incredible detail. the stance of the car without the guides in is right. but the side on shots of the car in the slot is very wrong, the car is to high in the front and the whole car slopes backwards. how they can get this so wrong on such a pricey car is beyond me. john

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
I don't think the car has a guide in any of the pictures does it? In one of the pictures the nose looks a bit high but I thought that it had been photoshopped to look like it was accelerating, hence the high nose.

Pete

·
David J
3,182 Posts
A bit like a real car then Pete?
Take a look on Google images at some 1:1s Stoner, the stance looks very similar to the real thing.

·
Mike Newns
629 Posts
Well .. if we're criticizing (which I wouldn't normally do but at this price they should get it right). The side vents are too big on both the front and rear and the lip shown is a very subtle bending of the wing material not an add-on as shown - the nose is too high and the lip on the bonnet is exaggerated. It looks like a very nice model and well done to PRS for trying but for Eur 190 I want something that is perfect

Mike

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
QUOTE (stoner @ 27 Jun 2012, 17:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i did notice one thing about them, other than the incredible detail. the stance of the car without the guides in is right. but the side on shots of the car in the slot is very wrong, the car is to high in the front and the whole car slopes backwards. how they can get this so wrong on such a pricey car is beyond me. john

The side on shot to which you refer is with the car moving. i think you will find it is a consequence of the car going into/around a corner. Being a nit picker There are two 'o' in too.
Peter

·
David H
3,726 Posts
Stoner, I agree with you (about the car, not the sad, sad bit). The photos are very nice, but too much Photoshopping has been done for them to give any real indication of what the model actually looks like.

·
Mike Newns
629 Posts
QUOTE (mgmike @ 27 Jun 2012, 18:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Come on GP lets see what you can do ?
Mike

I think if you go to Grahams site (http://www.gp-miniatures.com/) you will find he has an accurate resin body with lots of nice photo etch. If you don't feel up to building it yourself GP will probably build you one for about the same price as PRS - but it will be unique.

Mike

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Nice looking model but there's no more detail than most everyday slotcars and considerably less than quite a few. Blowing a load of cash on a car with the motor showing in the cockpit and a driver that looks like a 10 year old made it and painted it isn't at all attractive.

But these are obviously made for the wealthy few who will hoard them in glass cabinets, feel a sense of success at buying every single one, and then passing them on for lots more cash on Ebay in a few years.

·
Registered
194 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 27 Jun 2012, 23:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice looking model but there's no more detail than most everyday slotcars and considerably less than quite a few. Blowing a load of cash on a car with the motor showing in the cockpit and a driver that looks like a 10 year old made it and painted it isn't at all attractive.

But these are obviously made for the wealthy few who will hoard them in glass cabinets, feel a sense of success at buying every single one, and then passing them on for lots more cash on Ebay in a few years.

10-bloody-4

1 - 20 of 24 Posts