SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a C7042 powerbase, and was wondering which PSU I should use. I have two PSU's available at the moment:

The first is 13.8 V fixed, 6A, 230V/50hz and has "DC regulated" written on it,
the second is 3-15 V variable, 4-7A, 230v/50hz and is marked with "Stabilized DC power"

I tried looking at the C7042 instructions thread, but as I'm a slot racer rather than an electronics engineer, I didn't really find anything that would clarify if these PSU's would or wouldn't work…

Any tips ?

Petter

·
Greg Gaub
15,350 Posts
I'd probably go with the second one. Then wire it up to both DC inputs using the cables Keeto linked to in the post about switching from PB-Pro to APB. Set the PSU to 15v and you're done. You can even turn it down a little if you need/want to, but at some point the base will shut down.

·
Administrator
10,136 Posts
I'm guessing the last one is 4A continuous 7A surge, in which case they are both light on grunt compared to two of the standard Scalextric power supplies.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I'm planning to use separate power for most of the lane changers (I've got six in all and four of them are connected to a separate PSU), which maybe means the 4-7A would do it to run the cars ?

If not, could you be a bit more specific about the cheap Toshiba chargers ?

thanks again,

Petter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.