SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've been asked to run a track at the junior school my lad goes to. What i was thinking was a bit of analogue with an Audi TT, a lap counter/timer, and to get the little blighters to run 5 laps for 50p. At the end, the quickest 5 laps would get a prize. Now space is not a big issue as i have been given a classroom to set up in. The dilema is, how technical to have the track? I want there to be quite a wide range of times, with a lap time of about 8-10 seconds, and also how to time them all. Would a stopwatch be ok? My phone has a stopwatch on it down to .1'000s so i guess that would be ok. What i don't want is to have kids going full throttle and spinning the car off the table and breaking them.When in talks with said PTA, they seemed to think i might get upwards of a hundred people wanting a go. We are open for three hours.
So, does anyone have some experiance of doing something like this, i would be grateful for any tips or advice you can think of
Cheers Nick

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. It seems that i might have bitten off more than i can chew.

@GregK. I like it, how much to rent it?
With all this scaley talk amongst the dads i might be organising an adult race night!
The fair is on the last weekend in November, so i have a little time to plan everything. Now i'm thinking i might go digital and have 4 racing each other and just the winner getting a prize. Oh no, decisions, decisions!

Cheers Nick

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Evening all. A bit of bad news today. I was called into a meeting with the Head of my lad's school. Turns out the PTA had drawn up a poster for me, he found out about, it and decided he would like all the glory. So i was told "thank you for all your hard work, but we don't need you now!" B*****d! A real Cheek. And i've had to apologise to gregk as he was going to drive all the way up to me and help me with the fair! I'm gutted i can tell you. That's the last time i help them out! Time for a beer i think!

Cheers Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.