SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Circuit Owner
5,961 Posts
Useful thread - I am doing the same thing with my digital setup in 3 weeks time.

Welnik - it would have been fun - the head is an idiot.

My PTA was very enthusiastic and the Head wanted to know if he was allowed to have a go!

I'm going to run 6 transits in a grand prix race - £1 per driver, prize for the winner, 5 laps practice and 20 laps actual race. I'm using SSDC so I will have 2 sets of transits configured - one set on full power and one set on 75% power if things get a little rough or really small kids want to have a go.

I'm running a 22" monitor as well as my laptop and using an extended desktop so the race info display is on the large monitor and I can run the admin on the laptop

I convert the transits myself so if they get trashed it's very cheap for me to replace the body at wholesale prices

I will have a couple of volunteers to re-slot but I take the view that if you ignore the advice and drive too fast you just have to wait to be put back on whilst watching your classmates overtake you!

Beer advice taken on board - local supermarket have a good offer on at the moment!!!

· Circuit Owner
5,961 Posts
Useful advice Greg - thanks.

There are plenty of spare tyres - I make my own urethanes.

I will dust the track but it won't matter too much because we are only doing winner of that particular 6 van race and they get a prize.

I will have tape ready to clean tyres from time to time.

The event is only 2 hours so I'm hoping the vans last that long! They are based on super resistant chassis after all. However, I am taking 3 spare transits, lots of spares AND 9 super resistant F430's/GT-R's and 997's.

As I am standing on the opposite side of the board I am also taking a spare hand controller so I can quickly unplug a driver (the APB is my side and so is the starting grid), plug in my controller and ID a car.

I have very occasionally had a situation where car ID's are lost in which case I will just have to restart the race. With SSDC I upgraded the APB to the latest software fix so I'm hoping the loss of IDs is a thing of the past.

If we get popped out axles I will dial the power right down. Dislodged LEDs won't happen as the transits are DPR. I also have a 5" perimeter fence as well as barriers close to the tightest curves (the barriers are repositionable further out for serious racing).

If I get persistent offenders who ignore friendly advice to take it easy I am not afraid to black flag somebody and hand them a 3 race ban!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.