SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've collected a boat-load of classic track and accessories, which is now surplus to requirements. There's in the region of 70 pieces of track plus old-style white fences, newer Armco and some flags and poles to go with it and a couple of the old-style cardboard bridge supports. It's all in useable nick - all the rubbish I bought I've scrapped because I wouldn't have been happy to sell it on.

The plan is that I'm going to put it on eBay, but what's the best way to list it? In small bundles, or a large job lot?

TIA
Stuart.

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Hi Stuart,
From experience, I'd say you'll get the most for it if you add a few unwanted old (but good working order/cheap) cars, a powerpack and controllers, and sell it as a set. Make up a track using lots of the track pieces, and photograph it. Make up a couple of track variations and photograph them too. Also photograph the cars.
You'll make much more money that way, especially if you can wait until the run up to Christmas. Maybe £50-75.
If there's too much track, make up 2 sets. It's a great, cheap way for someone to get into Scalextric and have a massive track too.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Thanks for the input.
Some interesting thoughts there, particularly.........

QUOTE cut it up into single lane for rally track
QUOTE add a few unwanted old (but good working order/cheap) cars, a powerpack and controllers, and sell it as a set
I might do a combination of both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts