SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yesterday I was looking at a few of the hard to find QuattroX (Japanese/Scalextric release of J.G.T.C cars). Simply amazing detail on these cars, especially for the release period.

Correct me if i am wrong but I think there were 5 cars released in total.

Raybrig, NSX. - blue
Takata, NSX - green
Cerumo, Supra - red
Xanavi, NISMO Z - red
Esso Ultraflo, Supra - blue

These cars handle beautifully on the track. Seems the Japanese found the sweet-spot when it comes to handling and overall livery appeal straight out of the box...

There was a fare bit of controversy surrounding the series in regards to the pit girl that comes with each boxed car... (rare to find these days) It seems parents were not happy with little Tommy-san playing with a cool car that sported a hot babe on the side.. such a controversial outcry provoked Quattrox to remove the cars from the shelves.. re-releasing them minus the pit girl. So one can imagine how a boxed car + girl have become quiet sort after by collectors world wide... I believe its still possible to chip the cars fairly easily using the DPR Scalextric plug...

·
Registered
259 Posts
I notice there are 2 for sale at the moment with girl ... price is up around £160.00 each. The cars are in USA though .. so I reckon after postage etc... will be more like £180 per car.. aahhh !

I'm also interested in Aussie touring cars.. they look the part... Once again the rarest car, A Dick Johnson driven Ford Falcon fetches around $250.00 phew !

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh there's a blue Nissan as well.. great ! will keep my eye open for it. i wonder if it also has a driver inside. i think one or two of the cars have no driver but most of them do.. not sure which ones though...?

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
QUOTE (mickman @ 14 Jul 2011, 11:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh there's a blue Nissan as well.. great ! will keep my eye open for it. i wonder if it also has a driver inside. i think one or two of the cars have no driver but most of them do.. not sure which ones though...?

All of them have drivers ****.

JGTC Quattro X

When are yours arriving from Japan?

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Are you talking about the same cars that were released by Scalex without the babe for £30? So £130 extra for a 3cm placcy doll doesn't seem a bit bonkers to you?

These were quite ordinary runners. Nothing special. And detail wise they were nothing special either.

You ain't the one selling them on Ebay are you?

Ka-ching

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 14 Jul 2011, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ka-ching

Yeah all JGTC equals these days is Ka-ching, Ka-ching and even more Ka-ching!!!

·
777 Posts
QUOTE (ewanmcken @ 14 Jul 2011, 21:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Green.

Why?

Regards,
Ewan

Oh dear, you're going to make all the government owned banks jealous.... Ka-ching Ka-ching Ka-ching Ka-ching Ka-ching Ka-ching Ka-ching Ka-ching Ka-ching.....!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Screwneck; From what I perceive, what makes a car more attractive to collectors is the fact they are rare articles.. simple really isn't it... could be as basic as a 1p decal that lifts a car from £20 to £200... or all manner of past events that place a certain car or series of cars into collector spotlight status... ultimately its all about the inability to re-reproduce.

Keeto; dig that link... did you re-paint the cars ?

·
777 Posts
QUOTE (FZSsemans® @ 14 Jul 2011, 22:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>they are great!
link to make you green

This is Peter's link ****, not mine, I think he had them repainted, correct me if I'm wrong.

QUOTE (ewanmcken @ 14 Jul 2011, 22:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Green.

Why?

Regards,
Ewan

My collection is nothing in comparison to Ewan's....KA-CHING!!

QUOTE (mickman @ 14 Jul 2011, 22:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow nice collection Keeto ... have any of these cars been raced ?

I don't collect, I race. I can hear all the collectors going "Yeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!"

So yeah they have been digitized (very professionally) and raced, they are not THAT great out of the box to be honest, had to fiddle a bit and the sodding guide wires break off after a few laps....so far only on the Honda NSX's..

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 14 Jul 2011, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you talking about the same cars that were released by Scalex without the babe for £30? So £130 extra for a 3cm placcy doll doesn't seem a bit bonkers to you?

These were quite ordinary runners. Nothing special. And detail wise they were nothing special either.

You ain't the one selling them on Ebay are you?

Ka-ching

Performance wise, I do agree, nothing special (I prefer the ones from Ninco), but regarding detail, I found these models really great with perfect tampoo work and provided with little details like printing on the rims (witness "Nismo" on the wheels of the Xanavi 350z ?). I especially liked the drivers which had great detail (helmet and overall) but also an agressive attitude like they had a job on their hands. Those drivers are still to be matched. I really regret that the next planned liveries (Autobacs NSX, Motul 350Z, Eclipse Supra) and model (Nissan Skyline - not the same one done by Scalextric) were never released.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I got the au cerumo supra back when they were common, sans pit girl. I picked up a used raybrig car (spun spur gear) for $40aud yesterday!(under 30 pounds) bodywork is perfect, and the only way i could tell use was the braid plate was on backwards, and the naf gear. this one was sans pit girl as well but even still, not so common to find these days.

until i read this thread i thought i was doing pretty well to have two of them... actually, there's nothing wrong with having 30% of a range. I had to change the rear rims on the supra, not so happy to have to pull off the brakes but if it's in my collection, it's going to be raced. i agree they're not as fast as the ninco cars, but they drive really well and are very stable and fun.

how much have they been selling for recently, with & without grid skanks?

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,835 Posts
A MIB Raybrig went for $130 on eBay here in Australia a couple of weeks ago. The chap mentioned in an early post in the US has 2 for sale for $200+ but he has had them listed for a while. A used condition one usually goes for $60-$80 on eBay - but then is that a good guide? - I have seen cars sell for more on eBay in an auction than the same seller was selling them buy it now.

$40 was a good price for a used NSX (I would have paid $50
) new in box I would guess buyer and seller would need to work out a price - pit babe would probably add a few $$ as I am not sure but they may been only released in Japan with the pit babe?
cheers
DM

·
Robb
581 Posts
QUOTE (mickman @ 14 Jul 2011, 09:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There was a fare bit of controversy surrounding the series in regards to the pit girl that comes with each boxed car... (rare to find these days) It seems parents were not happy with little Tommy-san playing with a cool car that sported a hot babe on the side.. such a controversial outcry provoked Quattrox to remove the cars from the shelves.. re-releasing them minus the pit girl.
Were they actually re-released?
I thought a different company, then Scalextric released them and just didn't bother with the figure - for costs presumably?
With the amount of anime in Japan, I can't imagine a fully clothed figure of a girl would be controversial

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Japanese are alittle strange when it comes to `Hentai` .. I`m guessing authorities turn a blind eye to it in certain situations & clamp down hard in others ... you`d expect toy shops to get hit harder than a comic store say in down town Shibuya.

Is there any other car series wrapped in such controversy ? Like most collectors.... the more controversial stigma attached, makes for a more collectable piece, yes?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts