SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Another question for you to answer if you can. I am at the moment racing F1 cars, I have two Scalextric Mclaren cars. One of them No. 22 has stopped working, I have changed the braids which didn't work, I have now taken it to bits and the wiring is different from the other Scaley Mclaren.

No. 2 Mclaren the wires go from the motor direct to the braids, easy to deal with. however the No.22 Mclaren the wires go from the motor to a junction box where another two wires sit and then two of them go to the braids this car also has two resisters. I am guess that this wiring is something to do with Digital but because I don't race digital I'm not sure. can I rewire the car or any other ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Athrlyth

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Your #22 Mclaren is probably a digital plug ready (dpr) car which explains the extra bits. It is not uncommon for the wiring to fail on these and the extra bits are not necessary if you don't want to add a digital chip. Just wire straight to the guide but do check your motor hasn't gone pop before altering things.

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CMOTD.
Yes I guessed as much and no I don't expect to go over to digital. so I will re-wire direct from the motor to the braids.

Thanks for your help.

Athrlyth

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, yet another question I am hoping to ask through this thread first as it is related. OK, I am thinking of re-wiring the Mclaren F1, now I am pretty rubbish at soldering although I did manage it one time mmm got lucky I'm thinking so can I super glue the wires to the motor instead of soldering. Oh I know all the insults and I am sat here cringing so be kind.

Athrlyth

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ian I know your right, and I will take your advise. I will have a look today at buying a good quality soldering iron, the one I have is quite big at the tip so not really meant for 1/32 model wiring.

Thanks again Ian.

Athrlyth

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Hi Athrlyth,
my advice is to get some flux too. This always helps to get the solder in the right place and you can do it quickly without having to overheat things.
Steve

·
Registered
627 Posts
QUOTE (911TT @ 13 Jul 2012, 08:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Athrlyth,
my advice is to get some flux too. This always helps to get the solder in the right place and you can do it quickly without having to overheat things.
Steve

personally , i wouldn't even try without flux. makes the job a doddle. tin the wire first.....job done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts