SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everybody,

I've read around a lot in the Forum but some questions remain unanswered or are hidden in the large amount of answers.

We own a digital scalextric layout and plan to add a pit lane to it.
We run it with an C7042 PB with 2 Transformers. We own SSDC an run it when I'm part of the game, as my son is to young to run it by himself. The newest SSDC Version 5.3.0.0 and the newest Firmware 1.07 are installed.

Here come The questions:

1. Is the Pitlane entrance triggered by the pit-entrance-track (Speed set to pit speed) ?
2. The pit exit can not be triggered by the pit-exit-track, as it has no sensor(s). Correct ?
3. Can I set the entrance somwhere on the track and the exit right in front of the PB to get a functioning pit-lane without any modifications to be made ? The pit-
entrance-track triggers the entry and the PB/start-finnish-line triggers the exit and counts the lap as completed. Correct ?
4. When the pit layout is different from the one statetd in 3. I have to do modifications to track pieces. Correct ?
5. Can I trigger a pit-exit only without triggering a lap as completed ?
6. If the above assumtions are totally incorrect please explain me how the triggering of entrance and exit works.

The track-modifications that I found solve the problems of not counting a lap, when driving through the pit-lane with an entrance in front of the PB and an exit behind the PB.

7. What sensors (out of what tracks exactly can I use for the modificatons ? For example "Digital Lap Counter C7039").
8. When I do the modification, is it corrct that the "new" sensors have to be parallel wired to the ones in the PB ?
9. What exactly do the sensors measure? How can they detect a certain car and do not mix them up? By the emission of the LED ?

And finally some questions about the digital pit lane game and pit pro conversion.

10. To include the digital pit lane game into ssdc I have to do a conversion and make it wired to the computer so as the PB is ?
11. When this conversion is done, where exactly can refuelling take place ? Anywhere in the pit-lane or only on the games track-piece ?
12. When the conversion is done, does the pit-lane game still "decide" what car has to come to the pit ?
13. Or is the conversion mainly to count the lap as completed when the car runs over the pit lane game track? (Beside the connection possibilty).

I hope these questions can help othere users as well.

The modifications itself should not be a problem for me, I just don't understand what I have to do and why ;-)

I'm looking forward to your answers.
If you need something else to answer them, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Mikk (from Germany).

PS: I will come up with some more questions about InCar Pro.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi,

The pit lane does nothing.

If you want proper pit sensors you need to upgrade to pitpro.

PM RichG or RikoRocket for details of Pitpro.

Once you have pitpro this will answer most of your questions.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
As stated the standard Pit Game does nothing. But Pit-Pro is plug and play, no modifications to track needed, just fit the new track pieces at either end of the pit lane.

QUOTE (Mikk @ 28 Jan 2012, 14:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1. Is the Pitlane entrance triggered by the pit-entrance-track (Speed set to pit speed) ? NO- fit Pit-Pro "IN" sensor track
2. The pit exit can not be triggered by the pit-exit-track, as it has no sensor(s). Correct ? Correct - fit Pit-Pro "EXIT" sensor track/tower
3. Can I set the entrance somwhere on the track and the exit right in front of the PB to get a functioning pit-lane without any modifications to be made ? The pit-
entrance-track triggers the entry and the PB/start-finnish-line triggers the exit and counts the lap as completed. Correct ? NO
4. When the pit layout is different from the one statetd in 3. I have to do modifications to track pieces. Correct ? Still doesn't work without Pit-Pro
5. Can I trigger a pit-exit only without triggering a lap as completed ? YES- Pit-Pro will tell SSDC that you have left the pits, but the option to add a lap or not is a setting in SSDC
6. If the above assumtions are totally incorrect please explain me how the triggering of entrance and exit works. Pit-Pro
7. What sensors (out of what tracks exactly can I use for the modificatons ? For example "Digital Lap Counter C7039"). Does not have the capability to send any signals to a PC
8. When I do the modification, is it corrct that the "new" sensors have to be parallel wired to the ones in the PB ? NO - this is very wrong!
9. What exactly do the sensors measure? How can they detect a certain car and do not mix them up? By the emission of the LED ? LEDs flash at different frequencies in infra red
10. To include the digital pit lane game into ssdc I have to do a conversion and make it wired to the computer so as the PB is ? NO
11. When this conversion is done, where exactly can refuelling take place ? Anywhere in the pit-lane or only on the games track-piece ? Pit-Pro makes it so you can only refuel in the pit lane
12. When the conversion is done, does the pit-lane game still "decide" what car has to come to the pit ? Pit-Pro sends a signal of ID to the PC
13. Or is the conversion mainly to count the lap as completed when the car runs over the pit lane game track? (Beside the connection possibilty). Pit-Pro also makes a pit lane speed limiter and displays fuel levels, race start lights, track call (yellow flag) and more

1 - 3 of 3 Posts