SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've been looking into changing the Scaley controllers with probably Parma items. Looked at the Professor ones but I think they may be overkill for my needs - 16m Scaley Sport track, various makes of cars in out of the box form (Scalextric, Fly, ProSlot etc).

I have done a search but would just like to get some clarity on which OHM controller I should go for - 25, 35, 45? Bearing in mind my cars aren't modded.

PS - have to say after performing a search I was quite shocked to find $200+ controllers! And I thought the RC car racing game was an expensive hobby!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I have Scaly 60 ohms, red fox 40 and 25 ohm, and Fly Professional 45 ohm controllers, racing magnet (mainly stock-ish) cars on scalextric sport twisty home track.

If I could keep only one - it would be the Fly Professional; it has a very nice feel, adjustable trigger tension, and adjustable electronic brakes.

If I wasn't allowed electronic brakes, the red fox 40 ohm works best for me, and better than the parma econo-one.

Thats my personal preferences for you, but controller choice does seem to be a very personal matter!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I second that, I have a Fly Professional variable resistance controller and it is rather nice - a good weight (maybe a little heavy) but at least it feels like the money you may have spent on it.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ohm rating you should choose sort of depends on personal taste as well as what type of cars you're running. I know a lot of ppl on SF use 25 ohm for their homesets but I find that a bit too "twitchy" for the majority of my cars on my track.

I personally prefer to run a 45 ohm most of the time and occasionally use the 25 ohms for certain cars. I'd recommend trying one beforehand if you can to see what feels best to you.

I know that ain't very helpful really but rest assured....whichever you choose they will knock spots off the scaley handset and you'll soon wonder how you coped without a decent controller

1 - 4 of 4 Posts