SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I will be making a quick visit to England this next week mainly around Chichester and would like to try and fit in a visit to a slot car club in that time, preferably early in the week (Tuesday Wednesday). I race mainly 1/32 scale but not averse to 1/24 scale. I have my own transport and would like to bring a car or two with me to see how they compare against the locals.

looking forward to hearing from you,

Cheers Alan

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
We’re in Farnham Surrey, about 45mins from Chichester, although next week we’ve got an away leg in our inter-club competition with another club. The week after we'll be back to normal race night if you’re still here then. We meet Wednesday evenings.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Monday or Thursday are the nights we race at Bolwextric if thats of any interest. Less than 30 minutes from Chichester. I think the East Worthing club meet on Wednesdays, so we should be able to get you some track action sorted while you're here.

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply Jim

Wednesday will be best I think but failing that Thursday. I have a funeral to attend in Alton ( I think) on Friday and will be visiting some relatives earlier in the week but will have a better idea where I'll be in the next day or so.

Alan

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Netley is about 45 mins drive from Chichester and on Wednesday 13th December we have our hard body night.

Southdowns is close to Chichester.

But you are an Australian so distances are no trouble. The only clean joke I know about Australia.

Aussie sheep farmer to Pommie visitor from London " I have relatives in Wolverhampton how far is that from you?"

Pommie " About 200 miles"

Aussie "Oh you know them then!"

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HI all,

Thanks to Jim and the Bolwextric lads for making me feel very welcome last night and the loan of the cars I didn't have. I thoroughly enjoyed my night with you.

Sorry to the guys who offered some racing on Wednsday night that I couldn't get there, I had a evening meal invite sprung on me at the last minute.

Andy, I don't race digital but am interested in coming along for a look. At this stage I don't have anything planned but am meeting some people tonight so that may change.

Cheers

Alan

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
You are very welcome, Alan, and did rather well for a first timer learning a new track and a different type of racing.

Really interesting to hear about the hobby in Oz, too!

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
Hi All,

I'd like to say a big thanks to Andy and all the gang at the Worthing Ho/Digital Racing group yesterday afternoon. I had a really enjoyable time with you all and was made to feel very welcome I'd like to especially thank Mike who generously loaned me his cars and for asking me to drive on his team in a couple of events, also thanks to Ash and Aiden for co driving with me and helping me with the controller actions and pit stops, Cheers lads. It's great to see some young fellas having a go at slot cars.
I had only intended to watch as I have never experienced digital but almost as soon as I walked into the barn & Mike shoved a car and controller into my hand and away I went.Lets just say that I had a very steep learning curve experiencing digital for the first time but had a great time never the less. Sorry if I smashed into the back of anyone's car too many times but I was a bit preoccupied trying to change lanes and brake. I was trying to do the right thing ....honest!

Cheers Alan

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
It was a real pleasure to welcome you to WHO Racing Alan. I'm glad you enjoyed the afternoon you spent with us and I think you did okay... a win and two second places was not a bad start to your digital racing career
biggrin.png

Having another Aussie racing those awesome Scalextric 1970s Falcons was a special memory. Have a safe journey back home to Adelaide and hope to see you again at the Barn before too long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts