SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I've decided to concentrate on rally cars, so I'm selling-off most of my race cars, and I'll also be thinning-out my rally car collection at the same time - I have a few no longer wanted duplicates.

I'm starting here with Scalextric BTCC cars.

Firstly, an unboxed Audi A4. From memory it's C2002. I've done some minor additional detailing and fitted Slot.It Z0 and 40a urethanes. It also has a stronger magnet. The light bulb is missing and it's had replacement mirrors.
I'm looking for £10 posted for this one.

Next, and also unboxed, a Renault Laguna. I'm not certain of the catalogue number of this one. Again, it has Z0s and urethanes, and a stronger mag. It's missing all the lighting gear except the lenses. I've done some minor additional detailing and it's had replacement mirrors. I've just fitted a new guide and braids.
This one is £10 posted as well.

In it's original box is a Ford Mondeo. I think it's C2170. It's got its original mirrors, but I've re-shaped them a bit as they were far too big. As with the other two, I've done some minor additional detailing and fitted Z0s, urethanes and a stronger mag. Again, the light bulb is missing and I can't remember but the fibre optic bits might be missing as well.
£15 posted for this one.

Lastly for this section, a special edition C2001 Vauxhall Vectra. It comes with the numbered cardboard sleeve - it's number 923 of 5000. It has Ninco wheels, Z0 and NSR supergrip tyres and stronger mag. All the lighting gear is in place and the bulb works.
£20 posted.

I will describe these cars as "good condition". They have all been crashed more than once and will have some minor scuffing. But these is no actual damage.

As I go through my collection, I'll be adding more to this thread so please keep popping in - I may be offering a car or two that you're looking for. They will all be used, but they will all be reasonably priced and fairly described. I'm only selling them because I don't do "shelf queens" - I'd rather someone somewhere was getting some pleasure from them.

Stuart.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Unashamed bump........

I forgot to put in the original post that I could possibly be interested in swapsies for SCX or Ninco rally cars (particularly Ninco Lancer '04/'05, Impreza '06, C4 or 307).

More of my cars to be listed soonish.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Mondeo sold.

3 additions to the list from my collection of GTs. As before, prices are inclusive of postage.

The Stig Ford GT from the Top Gear Power Laps set. This one is unboxed. It's lightly used and totally as it came in the set. £15.

SCX 62480 Ferrari 360GTC. In its original box. Mirrors, wiper, wing all present and correct. All lights working. WASP 40a tyres (and if I can find them, I'll include the originals). £15.

SCX 62520 Corvette. Again, in the original box. Original tyres on this one. All the bits in their correct places, but 3 of the LEDs blew the first time I used the car. Because of the lack of lights, I'll let this one go for £12:50.

I'm not done yet, there will be more.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there... PM sent

All the best.. Martin.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 22 Feb 2012, 20:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mondeo sold.

Audi A4 also sold.
Corvette pending answer to PM.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Corvette now sold, too.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
OK, here are the Scalextric duplicate rally cars I mentioned in the first post.

Lancer, unboxed. Only 2 months old, so minimal use. All original, but front tyres varnished. Lights working. The only thing that lets this car down is a crack in the windscreen, so I'm asking £12.50.

Megane, unboxed. Stronger magnet, Ninco wheels, zero grips and SCX slicks. Lights working. The door number tampos aren't very good so I made some paper replacements. £10.

'01 Impreza, unboxed. Front tyres varnished, Sport rears. Later spoiler glued on, wing section still in primer as I haven't got 'round to mixing the blue paint (if that bothers you, you can have it with a later type wing section the same as the C2550 car below because I've got a spare or two). Mirrors OK, lights work. £10.

C2489 Focus, boxed and on alternate wheels. Front tyres varnished, Sport rears. Missing bulb. Original wheels and spare set of tyres included. £15.

C2550 Impreza, boxed. Only a few months old so not had a lot of use. Mirrors, aerials and lenses all in place but one lens discoloured. Lights work. Front tyres varnished. £15.

Still more to come...............

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Now, we move along to the LMPs.

First, an Avant Slot Pescarolo. This one has had lots of screwdriver and allen key action. I spent hours trying to get it to run how I wanted it to, but I never really succeeded. The bodywork isn't in the greatest condition, The centre part of the rear diffuser is missing, as is one of the mirrors. The magnet is missing. The tyres on the car are Slot.It Z0 and P6, on the original wheels. The original tyres are included, as is the original rear axle (can't remember why I changed it, or the provenance of the axle that's in the car at the moment). The car is in its original box, with the cardboard sleeve. £20 posted for this one, on account of its rarity - the cheapest on eBay at the moment is over twice my asking price, and none of the 7 listed are this particular livery.

Next, a Scalextric Audi R10 - and finally a Scalextric Porsche RS Spyder. These are unboxed, totally original and the lights work as they should. They are about as close as I come to describing any of my cars as "very good condition". I'd prefer to sell as a pair, so I'm going to say £45 posted for the pair. However, if I get interest in them both individually, it will be £25 each posted.

This could well be the last, but may not be. I'm waiting for an e-mail back about a few more cars.

Just to confirm, the Audi A4, the Mondeo and the Corvette are all now sold.

Stuart.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, BigBird wants the RS Spyder. Anyone want the R10??

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Repeat post because the links to the pictures got lost somehow...........

OK, here are the Scalextric duplicate rally cars I mentioned in the first post.

Lancer, unboxed. Only 2 months old, so minimal use. All original, but front tyres varnished. Lights working. The only thing that lets this car down is a crack in the windscreen, so I'm asking £12.50.

Megane, unboxed. Stronger magnet, Ninco wheels, zero grips and SCX slicks. Lights working. The door number tampos aren't very good so I made some paper replacements. £10.

'01 Impreza, unboxed. Front tyres varnished, Sport rears. Later spoiler glued on, wing section still in primer as I haven't got 'round to mixing the blue paint (if that bothers you, you can have it with a later type wing section the same as the C2550 car below because I've got a spare or two). Mirrors OK, lights work. £10.

C2489 Focus, boxed and on alternate wheels. Front tyres varnished, Sport rears. Missing bulb. Original wheels and spare set of tyres included. £15.

C2550 Impreza, boxed. Only a few months old so not had a lot of use. Mirrors, aerials and lenses all in place but one lens discoloured. Lights work. Front tyres varnished. £15.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right! The buyer who wanted the final four before I listed them has pulled-out. So they will be here they are for everyone to have a chance tomorrow.

Can I just say;-
When I've listed a car as boxed, it's for information only. It's not a bargaining tool to ask me to supply the car cheaper unboxed. The empty box is no good to me!
When I've listed a car with urethane tyres and I've said that the original tyres are included, I don't want to keep the urethanes and sell the car cheaper. In most cases the urethanes won't fit on any of the cars I'm keeping.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The final four cars, all SCX........

Peugeot 908. Aerials broken, but mirrors and wing intact. Original tyres. Rear body screw doesn't tighten, but has never fallen out yet. LEDs blown. Car in original box. £10 posted.

SEAT Ibiza "kit". Headlights detailed (model doesn't come with working lights). Slot.It 17mm wheels with custom inserts by WASP. Slot.It Z0 front and NSR Supergrip 17x8 tyres. Chassis cracked above magnet, but doesn't affect how car runs (This is reflected in the asking price). Comes in original box. £15 posted.

Porsche 997. Front stub axles replaced with solid bar after one wheel fell off. Ninco wheels with original tyres on front and WASP 40a urethanes on rear (the SCX tyres don't fit the Ninco rear rims). All original wheels, stub axles and original rear tyres included. Lights all working. Car in original box. £15 posted.

Morgan Aero 8. One mirror has been glued back on. Front splitters have both broken off, but this is barely noticeable. WASP 40a urethane rear tyres, originals included. LEDs blown. Car in original box. £10 posted.

That's the lot! Come along:- Roll up! Roll up! I don't bite. I need these gone so that I can expand my rally car collection.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
My bad Stu.

And I did offer my sincere thanks for your trouble on my behalf.
And while writing this I can't help thinking "What was I thinking? Off course I want them SCX GT3's!"

I was severely put out the last night when I realised my various digital parts wouldn't come together as was advertised.
I'm sorry that affected hour talks of trade.

But now I am a straight arrow again.
So if you would give me the benefit of doubt, then I would like them three SCX's GT3's.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Peugeot 908, Porsche 997, Ferrari 360GTC, Morgan Aero 8, all sold - pending payment.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (jonnynobber @ 27 Feb 2012, 14:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mondeo arrived today, Fantastic. Thank you.
No problem John.

Morgan, Porsche and Ferrari now paid for.
Peugeot 908 sold.

Come along, I want the rest gone!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Stig Ford GT and Pescarolo LMP now both under offer.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts