SlotForum banner
181 - 200 of 621 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Surprisingly, the overall shape of the 240 Z and, especially, the cockpit and windscreen are very similar to the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO! I once saw a body-kitted replica GTO in California and it needed quite a close inspection to see its Datsun parent car underneath. The roof and all the windows were original and only the opening rear hatch gave it away!
Mike

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
A quick google finds more Hino racers:

This one is Pete Brock while driving the Hino Coupe 1300cc and won the 1966 Times-Mirror race at Riverside Raceway

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
...1967 Hino (BRE) Samurai race car waiting in the paddock, waiting to win another race

Seen in this footage

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Le Mans 1950 - Czech racing rider Václav Bobek senior driving the ŠKODA Sport

This is Hans-Joachim Stuck, a recent meeting with a ŠKODA Sport was very emotional apparently...bodywork not exactly Porsche standard.

Reactions: GDSLOT

·
Slot King
3,705 Posts
Another day another weird car.
This is what happened to one of the iconic cars of the 60s.
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Previously known as the Xerex special or the Joly Green Giant.
Started life as an accidented Cooper F1, was transformed into a pretend 2 seater and driven by Roger Penske.
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire White

Went to the Mecom team to be painted blue and turned into a proper 2 seater.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Was sold to Bruce McLaren was painted "garden gate green" and turned into this.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Here is my 1/32nd version built with a Betta Classic fibreglass body.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

Joel

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
And the Xerex has been wonderfully restored to its original shape with the Coventry Climax engine and even with the 'passenger seat' that the rules required back then. It ran at Goodwood in 2019, as seen in the pics. :)

I must admit I liked it best when Bruce drove it, with that amazing exhaust system and in BRG.

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive design

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car Motor vehicle

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Zerex Cooper Olds...yeah great looking race car.

John Cooper can be thanked for a lot of our favourites, another being the Cooper Monaco T61M

In 1959, Cooper released the Monaco, named for Trintignant’s victory a year prior, and in doing so the company laid the groundwork for what would become the Can-Am series across the Atlantic. The Monaco was Cooper’s first production rear-mid-engine sports-racing model, designed expressly to meet FIA requirements of space for two seats, two doors, and a windscreen, with an advanced space frame covered by outer panels of lightweight aluminum on a 91-inch wheelbase platform. Beneath their swoopy aluminum bodywork, the cars were essentially F1 racers widened as needed continuing the racing successes in sports car form.

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
"In 1959, Cooper released the Monaco, ......... The Monaco was Cooper’s first production rear-mid-engine sports-racing model,"

I think not.The type 39 "bobtail" preceded it and there were hoardes of them racing circa 1956.

Vehicle Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
"In 1959, Cooper released the Monaco, ......... The Monaco was Cooper’s first production rear-mid-engine sports-racing model,"

I think not.The type 39 "bobtail" preceded it and there were hoardes of them racing circa 1956.

View attachment 309467
Just shows you can't believe facts found online :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
166 Posts
How about the Porphin? Porsche Carrera powered construction by UK Dolphin Engineering for Porsche dealer Otto Zipper? Campaigned in ‘63 and ‘64 and driven by Ken Miles to a 2nd place finish before he joined Shelby America. Coventry-Climax and Abarth 750 engined versions of the Dolphin Sports-Racers were also constructed from 1961 through 1964.

I’m wondering whether modifying a Betta & Classic body might make a fair representation.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

181 - 200 of 621 Posts