SlotForum banner
261 - 280 of 555 Posts

·
Kitbasher
4,611 Posts
A pretty, pretty motorcar.

The ASA 411, front engined, 1100cc - here at Sebring.
My thanks to Bill Stowe and Racing Cars.com for the picture.

Vehicle Car Tire Hood Automotive design

And to Wikipedia for this one
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Interesting bodywork differences, particularly the vents in the front wheel arch.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
1969 Lear Vapordyne

·
Registered
595 Posts
Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire

The Weaver F1 - This illustration was recently posted on another site, the illustration is said to date from about 1960 ish, so far nobody has offered any more information. Very possible it was never built. Anybody know any more?

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
The French CTA-Arsenal (emphasis on first 4 letters of Arsenal) was not a success. Two examples appeared in practice for the 1947 French GP, but were withdrawn. Anthony Lago bought them and they didn't appear again. View attachment 310785
I wonder if he used any of it in this 1949 Talbot Lago GP car:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
501 Posts
How about the Zinc Petite? 850cc DKW engine.

Website here with more details...

View attachment 310794
Interesting. However, with my pedant's hat on I must take issue with the assertion that the DKW engine had 3 separate coils because it had 6V electrics. It is (or was, in the days before fully electronic ignition systems) a very normal arrangement for 2-stroke triples to have three sets of points on the end of the crankshaft, each firing its own individual cylinder's coil. It's nothing to do with coil voltage or recharge rate. It's just the simplest way to fire a multi-pot stroker, and doesn't require mucking about with a distributor and whatnot.

·
Slot King
3,658 Posts
Wow, you guys have been busy. Does this thread show that people prefer a beautiful loser (or even an ugly loser) rather than "the fairest of them all"?
Not ugly at all, but most people only know the 1980s bad taste "customized" Pantera.
Here is a racing version of the much nicer (imho of course) Mangusta. Getting a body in any scale would be challenging, but getting the decals?????????
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Joel

261 - 280 of 555 Posts