SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 856 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Dick Guldstrand at the wheel of the "Pam" Chevrolet........Riverside 1966,....the car did not make it through practice, and never raced again.

Interestingly, the "Pam" was produced as a clear plastic slot car body in 1/24 by Russkit and Select, and also in 1/32 (maker unknown)......I do have one of the 1/32 bodyshells.

Cheers
Chris Walker

View attachment 307705

Nah, you've Photoshopped a Thingie to make it look 1:1, haven't you?

·
David H
4,296 Posts
Not completely unheard of, this is the Diva coupe at the Nurburgring in the mid 1960s. View attachment 307693
My dad briefly raced a Diva in the 1960s before cutting it up and turning it into a 998cc Clubmans car which they called an Angood. I'm not sure why that name was chosen. It started life with a short nose, before evolving the longer nose later on. He was sponsored by Castrol, which meant that I had an almost limitless supply of Castrol stickers and rolls of striping to give to friends - every car-mad boy's dream!

As an aside, the Bell helmet he's wearing in this photo was originally owned by Mike Spence (one of the few drivers to race Ford's P68) and was passed to me as the first helmet I used when I started riding motorbikes.

Tire Vehicle Helmet Wheel Car

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Me in the middle. Paddock conditions and facilities have improved somewhat over the past 50 years!
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think its a bit misleading , the majority of the article is about the M6 spyders the only reference to the V12 coupe is on the second page:

"The Gulf Racing team had an ace up their sleeve for the official test; a coupe version of the V12 engined chassis. With its low-drag body, it should have been perfectly suited to the high-speed track but the engine acted up again, refusing to start after each fuel stop. That was the end of the V12 and the coupe".

21 - 40 of 856 Posts