SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pleased to announce that a new RMS that supports SSD is now available as a public beta. This new RMS has been developed from the Race Coordinator (analog) code base and it contains all the great features of Race Coordinator modified to fit perfectly in the digital world. Unlike Race Coordinator (analog) the digital version will be available for purchase after the beta period expires. As with donations from the analog version all sales of RCD will be donated to charity. A final price point has not been set yet, however I'm currently thinking $50US.

As mentioned, this RMS has all the great features of RC (analog).
  • Incredibly accurate lap counting/timing
  • Customizable Race Screens
  • Limitless heat structures
  • Season support
  • Autosave, save/load races
  • Customizable XLS export
  • Race Events allowing qualifying races to automatically seed finals races
  • Customizable audio
  • and so much more

But because this is a digital based RMS it also supports many of the digital features you've come to know and love:
  • Throttle based fuel
  • Full pit lane/pit stop support
  • Speed fuel curves
  • Driver handicaping (throttle limiting)
  • Dynamic braking
  • Black flag penalities requiring either a drive through, stop and go, or timed stop penalty in the pits
  • Pit lane speed limiting
  • Race time car ID'ing support

The RMS requires Windows XP SP3 or higher to run and comes with a 30 day full featured trial. Depending on how the beta goes, I'll either issue extensions or do an official release and start selling activation codes.

For more information or to download the RMS please visit us at the Race Coordinator Home Page. The website contains tons of information that is geared towards the analog software, however nearly all of it is relevant to the this new digital release. Be sure to go to the Race Coordinator Digital page on the site to download the digital RMS.

If you have any questions, comments, bugs to report, or feature requests please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]ecoordinator.net

Thanks and happy racing,
Dave

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have been using RC for the the last couple of months at our racemeets and I like the way I can export very detailed race results to Excel which makes it easier to get our race results on to our website

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a bit more information. We've currently tested on the 7042 power base and with the Pit Pro (not required, but nice to have). I'm not sure what it would take to get the older power base working. Depending on the success of this RMS I could see me putting in support for it though.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Look at who is logged on ...... the moderators are shown in red typface, blue is used for Plus+ members and the others are in black .......

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
QUOTE (Race Coordinator @ 12 Jun 2012, 22:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just a bit more information. We've currently tested on the 7042 power base and with the Pit Pro (not required, but nice to have). I'm not sure what it would take to get the older power base working. Depending on the success of this RMS I could see me putting in support for it though.

Would be nice to have a working RMS for the PBPro SH units out here

Michael

·
Registered
312 Posts
QUOTE (Michael363672 @ 14 Jun 2012, 18:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Would be nice to have a working RMS for the PBPro SH units out here

Michael

Download it and give it a go, who knows it might work and let us know what happens if it doesn't

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
It will not work, the Aux Protocol is completely different.

Rich

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Good to see you on SF too, Dave. Race Coordinator is not terribly well known on this side of the pond, although several clubs are now using the software. It is an excellent program and it would be handy if you could also open a topic in the analogue section of the forum, Race control, Lap Timing Systems & Software ,explaining the features of the non-digital version.

Those of us who are not members of SCI could then ask questions directly via this forum.

·
Greg Gaub
14,658 Posts
It must be pretty good, since Rick made a deal for Race Coordinator to be ported to a Scorpius specific version.

I don't expect any more race management systems to be developed for the old base. There are several for the old base already, and the two biggest support both. The newcomers need to spend time perfecting and differentiating their offerings, and the best base to focus on is the new one. I certainly wouldn't complain about C7030 support in a new RMS, but I won't expect it, or hassle a new developer to add it.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Michael363672 @ 14 Jun 2012, 19:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is there a Digital Manual for it yet ?

Or is it the same as the anolouge one???

Anyone who uses it got any quick start tips

Michael

Currently there is no digital specific manual. One of the weak spots with RC in general is the manual. There is a readme, but there are so many features it would take me too long to document it all properly and then only a small percentage of my users would actually go through it. Almost everything in the readme and on my website is relevant to RCD though. The main differences are the things you'd expect to be different between digital and analog. There are minor differences in heat "rotation" setup and fuel support to name a couple. And of course the SSD setup is unique to RCD plus all the cool things you can do in digital that you can't in analog.

On my website there are screenshots, tutorial videos and lots of information that I'm hoping will basically be more useful than the readme that comes with the app. The information specific to RCD is light, its just the single page that you download it from, but as I say, the info on the other pages almost entirely applies to RCD.

-Dave

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By the way, somebody mentioned Scorpius. Yes, this is the same software engine that runs the Scorpius RMS as well. One cool thing I should do is show screen shots of all three apps (RC, RCD, and Scorpius). The cool part is that you can actually use any of those very different looking interfaces with any of the apps... Personally I really dig the Scorpius color scheme and such, and if you wanted you could use it with RCD easy enough because all my race screens are 100% customizable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I am trying RCD and it works fine with very cool features and interface, but one thing seems to be missing : pacer cars.
Is there anything i can do to run pacer cars or am i wrong ?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts