SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Hello,

I just checked Dave's site and saw there is a new beta version of the SRMS out since... May 2018. I packed my scorpius stuff in february so obviously i'm having one version older installed (the 1.11 of last year, with the introduction of tire wear a.o.).

Normally when a new version is out (going from 1.11 to 1.12 sounds like quite an update) dave would come here to announce, explain and discuss it here on SF. I may have missed it but i haven't found any topic?

Questions:
-anyone here using it, and if so, can you recommend the update?
-in my downloads folder i find LBV 6.0, 7.1 and 8.0 - 8.0 is ultima i think, i'm not sure.
-which version of lane brain firmware is required? Will 6.0 work?

Advice / comments appreciated!

Merc

Prof I T
Hi

stick with lbv6 and v9.9 for throttle, it worked well for me
biggrin.png
I can't remember the software numbers and don't remember updating in May either so can't help with that one...Sorry .

Registered
Hi Merc,

I had found an issue with 1.11 and dynamic throttles- if you have a pace car in the driver list, you can send data to human cars only until the green flag drops. As soon as the green flag come on, all human throttle data is no longer sent to cars. This happened even without the pace car on track.

1.12 was a first attempt to fix this. I had just started testing it this spring with a new computer, but only had intermittent time. Then the computer died (at least it was under warranty), and I've just recently gotten everything up and running again.

It (1.12) worked with pace cars, but seemed to have occasional lags in data to the cars to the point they sometimes almost stopped on track. It happened even without pace cars in the driver list. There were also times when things seemed fine, but we ended up turning off dynamic throttles due to the issues. We only ran 2-3 times with this version before the pc died.

With the replacement pc, I've reinstalled 1.11 and will run it for while, before testing 1.12. We love the dynamic throttles here- there's no issues if you don't use pace cars. And having the cars stopped automatically for yellow flags is great- there's always someone who keeps driving a bit long when yellows are called. We enjoy the fuel based speed adjustment also, the end of our fuel runs give us enough extra speed that it's noticeable in track times. Adjustable for the kind of races you're running, of course.

I would stick with 1.11 for now, and have fun with the dynamic throttles. Just turn them off if/when you want to run with pace/ recorded cars.

Ryk

Registered
Ahhh how enlightening, thank you Ryk!
A very clear and comprehensive explanation, much appreciated.
I will stick with V1.11 for now. We'll be racing with 6 drivers and when i'm practicing on my own i might like a few recorded pace cars to create traffic, so V1.11 without dynamic throttle will suit me best.

And thank you Ade, i'll stick to LBV 6 :)

Merc

Registered
I should add it's not impossible that the pc itself caused a problem, as this was just before it died. There were also a couple of system crashes I found hard to believe SRMS had caused, and it's the only software (besides Windows 10) on the computer.

With 6 drivers, you probably don't need any extra traffic I would guess. With 4 here, if we're seriously racing we don't usually want them in the way, but with only 3 it's nice to have the company on a larger track. They are nice to have for practice, by yourself or with a few others.

I will test 1.12 again this winter.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I'm curious about the dynamic throttle mode, i certainly will give it a try when racing with friends and without ghost cars.
You need two dongles right? I still have the "read me" instruction files somewhere on my laptop.
I am most interested if my setup will work properly, to prevent lag in car control one needs a modern and fast computer i suspect.

Do test and report this winter, good to detect eventual bugs and issues, and hopefully an even better SRMS as future outcome :)

Merc

Registered
Yes, two dongles. The 4 of us who've been racing here have really liked the features dynamic throttles make possible. It's great to have the computer detect when a car goes off, and then stop everyone. You can adjust how long it waits to decide you've gone off- to add time that's lost by the de-sloter, or to make it quick to avoid accidents.

Have fun! I'm using a pretty average computer, so you should be fine.

Ryk

Registered
Can you go into more detail on how this works/setup? You need to have RaceCoordinator 1.12.x.x and two dongles? anything else?

It's great to have the computer detect when a car goes off, and then stop everyone. You can adjust how long it waits to decide you've gone off- to add time that's lost by the de-sloter, or to make it quick to avoid accidents.

Registered
Can you go into more detail on how this works/setup? You need to have RaceCoordinator 1.12.x.x and two dongles? anything else?
1.11.x.x will give you the dynamic throttles. Yes, two dongles. That's all.

You need to set your throttles up a little differently- all are on ID 24, with pin 0001 being for car ID 1, 0002 car ID 2, etc. Cars are set to their ID's, with pin# 0000.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts