SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
We went to George's place on the 16th of June, for the first time since the winter. George has a classic Scalextric 4 lane track which does not have braking and also being a plastic track means the magnets work so a change of driving style compared to my track and Dave's track. The lane colours go in order: yellow (pickers lane), green, blue, red.
George has SCX mechanical counters but no lap time recorder so no fastest laps known on this track!

Another great turnout on the night with myself (Ronan), John, Paul, Dave, George, Ed, Sam, Peter and Stephen. Bryan was there too, but did not race on the night.

Race 1 was John's choice and he went for LeMans cars:

John was on yellow (Scalextric Peugeot 908), Sam was on green (Scalextric Viper), Peter on blue (Fly Chevron?) and George on red (Scalextric Porsche LMP2).

The result was:

1. John
2. George
3. Peter
4. Sam

Race 2 was Paul's choice and he went for Ninco 4x4's:

Paul was on yellow (Ninco VW Touareg), Dave was on green (Ninco VW Touareg), Sam was on blue (scratchbuilt Mitsubishi Pajero) and Ed was on red (Ninco Ford Ranger)

The result was:

1. Ed
2. Dave
3. Paul
4. Sam

Race 3 was Dave's choice and he went for touring cars (or similar!):

Dave was on yellow (SCX Honda Accord), Paul was on green (SCX Lancia Delta), Stephen was on blue (GOM Alfa GTV) and John was on red (SCX Volvo)

The result was:

1. Dave
2. Paul
3. Stephen
4. John

Race 4 was George's choice and he picked Scalextric TransAm's:

George was on yellow (Scalextric Mustang), Ed was on green (Scalextric Corvette L88), Ronan was on blue (Scalextric Mustang) and Stephen was on red (Scalextric Mustang).

The result was:

1. Ronan
2. George
3. Stephen
4. Ed

Race 5 was Ed's choice and he picked LMP's:

Ed was on yellow (Scalextric Porsche LMP2), Ronan was on green (Avant Slot Pescarolo), George was on blue (Scalextric Peugeot 908) and Dave was on red (Spirit MG Lola)

The result was:

1. Ed
2. George
3. Dave
4. Ronan

Race 6 was Sam's choice and he picked GT cars:

Sam was on yellow (Scalextric Viper), Peter was on green (Porsche 911 GT1, Ninco?), John was on blue (Scalextric Ferrari F430) and Paul was on red (Fly Viper).

The result was:

1. Paul
2. Sam
3. John
4. Peter

Paul had a pretty spectacular accident in practice as you can see!:

Race 7 was Peter's choice and he picked Caterham/Lotus 7's:

Peter was on yellow, John was on green, Paul was on blue and Ronan was on red. Everyone had a Scalextric Caterham/Lotus 7.

The result was:

1. Peter
2. Paul
3. Ronan
4. John

Race 8 was Stephen's choice and he picked Fly Trucks:

Stephen was on yellow (SISU), George was on green (SISU), Ed was on blue (Buggyra) and Peter was on red (SISU).

The result was:

1. Stephen
2. Ed
3. Peter
4. George

Race 9 (the last of the night) was my choice (Ronan) and I picked high impact Scalextric cars:

Ronan was on yellow (Scalextric Porsche 911 GT3 RS), Stephen was on green (Scalextric Porsche Boxster), Dave was on blue (Scalextric Ferrari F430) and Sam was on red (Scalextric Ferrari F430).

The result was:

1. Dave
2. Ronan
3. Stephen
4. Sam

Thus ended another great race night!

The final results were:

1st Dave 13 points
=2nd Paul and Ed 12 points
=3rd George, Stephen and Ronan
4th Peter 9 points
5th John 8 points
6th Sam 6 points

·
Registered
551 Posts
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 24 Jun 2011, 21:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice track Ronan.
I like the model railway!
How often do you all meet up?
Are there any other clubs in Ireland?
Cheers,
Kev

Hi Kev!

It's a fun track to race on, although George is thinking of changing it to Ninco track (between us we have plenty of unused Ninco track to re-lay the track with Ninco track). George is massively into model trains! The tracks in the photo runs right around the shed that the slot track is in and several rooms of his house are dedicated to train layouts! (Needless to say he is a batchelor!).

We meet every second Thursday around 8.30-9pm. Ireland is not nearly as good for hobbies as the UK, and apart from us lot I don't know of any other group that races slots in Dublin, although I have been contacted from time to time by others interested in trying it out, but not many make the leap and come along on a race night. Hopefully we will find a few more regular racers over time. There are two model rail clubs in Dublin, plus some R/C clubs, so maybe if we keep looking we will find a few more people as keen on slots as we are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts