SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
We had six racing on Thursday the 25th of August in my place and it was an excellent night with some very close racing.
As usual we had 20 lap races with 4 races each (one on each lane) with 6 races on total.

The six racing were Ronan (myself), Rory (my son), Ed, Paul, Bryan and Peter.

Bryan and Paul

Ed, Peter and Rory

Race 1 was Ed's choice and he picked NSRs:

Between us we had 3 NSRs! So Rory was allowed use my slot.it Ford GT40 which is similar in performance to the NSRs on my track.

Ed was on yellow (NSR Porsche 997), Rory was on red (slot.it GT40), Peter was on blue (NSR Ford GT40 MkIV) and Ronan was on green (NSR Ford P68).

It was a scorching race I have to say. I just got the jump on Ed at the start and managed to keep at most a half lap lead on him the whole way. One of the best races I've had to date and I had to work very hard for it!

The result was:

1. Ronan +Fastest lap (+FL)
2. Ed
3. Rory
4. Peter

Race 2 was Bryan's choice and he picked Fly Trucks:

Bryan was on yellow (black/silver SISU), Paul was on red (military SISU), Ed was on blue (black SISU) and Rory was on green (Buggyra), although the after race photo shows the lanes of Rory and Paul switched.

Another good race with pretty much everyone suffering at some point from the excessive rotation of the SISU guide. Almost like a 360 drift car sometimes!

The result was:

1. Paul
2. Ed +FL
3. Bryan
4. Rory

Race 3 was Peter's choice and he went for "American Muscle" cars (which mostly means TransAm's!):

Peter was on yellow (Confederate flag Scalextric Corvette L88), Ronan was on red (Pioneer black/gold Mustang), Bryan was on blue (Scalextric General Lee) and Paul was on green (Scalextric Corvette L88 white).

Unfortunately for Peter and Bryan the south did not rise again as the result was as follows!:

1. Ronan +FL
2. Paul
3. Peter
4. Bryan

It was another close race at the front, as I just managed to beat Paul for the win.

Race 4 was Rory's choice and he picked slot.it's:

Rory was on yellow (McLaren F1 GTR "EMI"), Peter was on red ("Pilot" Ferrari F40), Ronan was on blue (McLaren F1 GTR "Fina") and Bryan was on green ("Jagermeister" Porsche 956K).

The result was:

1. Ronan +FL
2. Peter
3. Bryan
4. Rory

Peter started well and was neck and neck with Ronan for the first 5 laps or so then unfortunately for him had an off, but still finished a strong second. Rory did well practising with the EMI McLaren earlier in the evening but could not get a good rhythm going in the race unfortunately. Next time hopefully!

Race 5 was Paul's choice and he went for SCX touring/saloon cars:

Paul was on yellow (white SCX Volvo), Ed was on red (green SCX Volvo), Rory was on blue (SCX DTM C-Class) and Peter was on green (SCX Citroen DS).

The result was:

1. Ed +FL
2. Paul
3. Rory
4. Peter

Race 6, the last of the night was Ronan's choice and I picked Ninco GTs:

Ronan was on yellow (Ford GT), Bryan was on red (Lexus "Denso"), Paul was on blue (yellow Porsche 997) and Ed was on green (Gulf Porsche 997).

Another great race! Ed started badly but then saw red and chased after me like someone possessed! He got ahead of me then crashed again and I thought I might be home free, but on the last corner I was taken off by Bryan who lost it in the Lexus and Ed flashed past for the win! D'Oh! It would have been nice to win 4 out of 4 (Ed seemed to enjoy it last time out!) but still 3 wins and a 2nd place was pretty good going I thought!

The result was:

1. Ed +FL
2. Ronan
3. Paul
4. Bryan

The final result for the night was:

1st Ronan with 15 points

2nd Ed with 14 points

3rd Paul with 12 points

4th Peter with 7 points

Joint 5th Rory and Bryan with 6 points

So all in all a great night for myself and hopefully I can continue this good form when we race again on the 8th of Sept (on my track again).

Several very close races too which I think was down to good car choices on everyones part.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Awesome, sounds like a great time.

Keep the reports coming, it will be fun to see Rory gradually moving up to dominate you all !

cheers,

j

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It certainly was good for me! Always nice to win and even better to have such close racing too!

Yeah, Rory certainly beats me hands down now at the playstation, so if he remains interested I'd say he will most likely beat me at slots too! (Which would be ok by me!).

·
Registered
335 Posts
Never give up - the race draws went well in that I only raced directly against Ronan twice, so it literally hung on the last race to decide

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, I had to finish 2nd at least to win overall, so just as well I did! A close race indeed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts