Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Only 5 racers made it out last time to Dave's track, Ed, Stephen, George, John and Tony out of the regulars could not make it.

Trevor who used to race regularly with the group came out but as his eyesight is now poor he decided not to race but just marshal cars on the night.

The 5 racers were: Dave, Paul, Bryan, Ronan (me) and Rory (my son).

Race 1 was Rory's choice and he picked Ninco GTs:

Rory was on yellow (Ford GT), Ronan on red (Gallardo), Dave on blue (Gallardo) and Paul on silver (Ascari)

Unfortunately I was taken out several times by my own son at the corner where Trevor who has poor eyesight was marshaling so I lost this one in the worst possible fashion! (Leading going into the last corner then stopped dead by Rory's car stuck sideways in his slot!). Those are the breaks! LOL!

The result was:

1. Paul (Ascari)
2. Dave (Gallardo) +fastest lap (FL)
3. Ronan (Gallardo)
4. Rory (Ford GT)

Race 2 was Bryan's pick and he went for Scalextric TransAm's:

Bryan was on yellow (Mustang), Rory was on red (Corvette L88), Ronan was on blue (1970 Mustang) and Dave was on silver (Corvette L88).

The result was:

1. Dave (Corvette L88)
2. Bryan (Mustang)
3. Ronan (1970 Mustang) +FL
4. Rory (Corvette L88)

Race 3 was Paul's choice and he went for modern Nascar's:

Paul was on yellow, Bryan was on red, Rory was on blue and Ronan was on silver.

The result was:

1. Paul +FL
2. Ronan
3. Bryan
4. Rory

Race 4 was Dave's pick and he went for Ninco 4x4s:

Dave was on yellow (Ninco Dakar Mitsubishi), Paul was on red (Ninco Pajero), Bryan on blue (BMW X5) and Rory was on silver (Ninco Bowler).

The result was:

1. Dave +FL
2. Bryan
3. Paul
4. Rory

Race 5 was my choice and I picked Ninco Classics:

I was on yellow (Ninco '56 Corvette), Dave was on red (Jaguar XK120), Paul was on blue (Ninco Cobra) and Bryan on silver (Corvette).

The result was:

1. Ronan
2. Dave +fastest lap
3. Bryan
4. Paul

At the end it was Dave 1st overall (14 points), with Paul, Ronan joint second (11), Bryan third (10) and Rory last (4 points only, but he did ok for his first race night!).
Dave was the runaway winner on the night (making it two in a row for him! Must work harder next time!).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great pics and report Ronan,

Although, by the looks of his grin, I would declare Rory the winner. Not to mention, he raced all night and I bet there was not a car there that he had bought.

Definitely the winner !

What is it with kids and taking their Dad's out anyway ?

cheers,

j

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John! Glad you liked Rory's big grin! (I think he was trying to look a bit crazy!).

He certainly did not lack good cars on the night! (Only the best for my eldest!).

Have to keep working on him to get him more interested in the hobby, one way to boost our numbers! LOL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts