SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

How about this angle?

This is a first try. Took a while but having done one, Rod is aware of pitfalls when removing so much rear bodywork so next one will be quicker to make. This one will be worked on some more and maybe sprayed up as a demo model. I think it looks cool. Would be god fun to add these to our classes.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Rod, the pickup/ute style race car using a Nascar shell looks great..

A while back, I built an oz/ute pickup style race car, using a Ninco Raid Pro-Truck pickup body, on a modified Scalextric LMP chassis.
If you would like to see it, I will post some photos.

The "Supercar" pick-up conversion looks very"intresting".. Great stuff..

All the best.. Martin.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i did the same thing to a mondeo. gotta pick it back out of the parts bin and finish it. it looked really good and didn,t take much work, cant remember why i lost interest. but i,ve got the urge back to finish it. john

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Went with the original chassis and some Nascar wheels in the end. See how it runs next week before deciding to paint or bin it. There's an option to go non-mag with a Fly chassis too.

http://photobucket.com/kevsute

Hoping Rod will have found some time to have a go at his paintwork by then. I think the Nascar way is probably the way to go. The supercar way is the way of madness.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Kustomart @ 9 Jun 2012, 15:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rod, the pickup/ute style race car using a Nascar shell looks great..

A while back, I built an oz/ute pickup style race car, using a Ninco Raid Pro-Truck pickup body, on a modified Scalextric LMP chassis.
If you would like to see it, I will post some photos.

The "Supercar" pick-up conversion looks very"intresting".. Great stuff..

All the best.. Martin.

Be good to see some pics if you have any. Anyone else too with some pics.............

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Sorry, I saw someone mention Ute and I had to pop in for a look.

Oh. I'm getting a huge chuckle out of the Ferrari Utility. That's a crackup.

The origin tale of the utility vehicle has it that the first one was a Mercedes that an Aussie sheep farmer (or cocky) altered. He supposedly wanted a farm vehicle that he could lug animal feed, dogs and sheep around in during the week, but was good enough to take his Mrs to town in for church on Sundays.

Here's a genuine Holden V8 Racing Ute shell that I've got in primer at the moment.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Embs.. The Australian Ute in primer looks intresting, I have heard they are available in OZ before.. I believe they do both Ford and Holden shells.
If possible, could you please supply some info of where to purchase the shells, and how much they are, thank you...
... (Please PM me with the info, if you dont want to post them on the open forum)

One thing though, the Paintwork, Graphics and Artwork look very complicated on these Ute racing pickups..
Are decal sets available of the real teams (Pattos?) or had you in mind, to make up your own design, paintwork and graphics..

Either way I am sure it will look great.. Looking forward to seeing some photos when you have finished it..

All the best.. Martin.

·
6,455 Posts
Martin, the Utes are done by MJK and sold exclusively by Chris Osborne at Thunderbird Slot Racing in Adelaide. At risk of getting into trouble for linking they're here. AUD 36 plus P&H. Seems he has only the Ford in stock currently, but if you drop him an email I'm sure he'll see you right. Nice guy. I actually got to meet him in person in June after 3 years of dealing online.

The shells were made to fit on the appropriate Scaley V8SC chassis, however there's been a few tweaks to the chassis over the last couple of years.

I have both the Holden and Ford on the ever growing to do list. Plus this one which will be a 'special.'

I think Patto has decals for the official race liveries. For this one I'm trying to design something suitable. I should be able to do it easily after 7 years experience of designing vehicle graphics and the like. Problem is I'm struggling to break out of 'Corporate look' and into 'Race livery'.

Embs

·
6,455 Posts
I knew a fellow Aussie would have access to the full story.

Now where on earth did I get the tale that it was a Merc from. Probably one of my rellies with a slight touch of snobbery attached.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fantastic. I knew there'd be more loonies out there. We get to see some Aussie races in the UK now via the Motors tv channel. Utes and V8s. Always looks exciting to watch. Close racing. Love it. My local car dealership had some Utes not so long back. Sold them very quickly. they looked great and for what they were, seemed very reasonabely priced. Wish I'd gone for one myself.
Keep the pictures coming. Embs, I want to see yours finished please. (I'm a fan of your work.) I have renewed enthusiasm for the ute Ferrari now. Will get that finished off. Imagine what you Aussie farmers would have been driving if that farmers wife had written to Enzo instead!

·
6,455 Posts
Hmmm.... a 1934 Ferrari turned into a utility farm vehicle. I'm not a huge Ferrari fan, but that strikes me as rather an impossibility. Now an Alfa would be another matter. A Bugatti would be nothing short of sacrilege. But, I think Hispano Suiza would've come up with something truly spectacular.

Will post images of the Ute when I can. I promise. It's to be a present for someone. So, shhhhhhhhh......

Embs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.