SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just released - pictures of the brand new forthcoming release of the Ferrari 250LM.
Racer have made a number of changes in this car to their normal production methods, and the first is that they will be using their own chassis and not a Slot.It chassis, although the technical parts are still made by Slot.It. This model also features wire rims (aluminium/hex screw fitting) and dedicated tyres. They have also changed the assembly method for this car, with the full interior and driver figure now completely attached directly to the body to allow an easier opening of the car, when necessary, exactly as it is for normal plastic slot cars.

First two liveries are RCR15 road car (red or yellow) and the RCR16 yellow No. 26 of Ecurie Francorchamps which finished 2nd in Le Mans 24 Hrs 1965, and the first deliveries of these should be with us in early September. These will be followed in November by the winning NART car of same year, No. 21 in red. These models will be limited in availability and very popular, so pre-order yours from your dealer now!

Aaron

· Registered
555 Posts
@howmet - give me the dimensions of the car in 1/32nd scale and points of reference to measure and I will measure it for you, when it arrives that is!

Out of interest, the 330 P4 in 1/32nd scale should be 130mm long, 56mm wide and 31.25mm high. the model is 132mm long, 59mm wide and 31mm high. I would hardly call that hugely oversized!!

Aaron

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE the P4 was 164.8" long, 71.3" wide,

Thanks for the info vfr750, but I still don't think it is enough over scale to worry about unless I am making a blunder here - 164.8 inches converted to millimetres by multiplying by 25.4 equals 4185.92mm, which in 1/32nd scale is 130.81mm. the model is 132mm. The width using the same calculation is 1811.02mm which in 1/32nd scale is 56.6mm so the model is 2.5mm too wide.

When the 250LM comes in I will do the same exercise and compare!

Aaron

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This morning I recieved a statement from Marco Montrasio of Racer slot cars. he said:-

"I read this morning various comments on slotforum.com regarding measures of 250LM and 330P4. The main problem in keeping right scale is due to motor mount width, and unless using real thin, thin wheels we are forced to improve car width, but of course keeping car proportions in order to obtain a good general shape and aspect.
Of course if you consider static models without fixed technical measure you can do whatever you want and keep measures according right scale.

Hope it' s clear..... my english is very poor."

As you can see, the manufacturers do read this forum!

Aaron

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
QUOTE They were stupid if they didn´t! We are after all the users of their products and with all the "wise-guys" in this forum, they would be stupid not to listen to all the remarks made about their products. I think they could learn a great deal from us "serious racers"

Be aware that comments like this just make the manufacturers regard you as arrogant and not really worth listening to. The number of members who use this forum are a mere drop in the ocean when compared with the worlds slot car market, so best not to be too convinced of your own importance.

Views from this form can be very useful if they are constructive and informative. Posts just 'blowing your own trumpet' are irrelevant and worthless.

Aaron

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
@alfetta - I measured the model originally in millimetres, not imperial. Since I was then presented with the 1:1 measurements in imperial, I was simply converting them to demonstrate how accurate the model was.

Aaron

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
@alfetta - I measured the model in millimetres. Next, measurements are posted here by vfr750 in imperial. What do you suggest I do to compare? Not owning a good imperial micrometer, I am afraid options are a bit limited!

QUOTE But that is how confusion sets in.

You find the measurements of the 1:1 in millimetres, post them here and then everything will be clear I guess!

Aaron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.