SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Anthony Bartlett
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would open a new thread for this.....

Unless you have all missed it - I am a Ferrari freak - u know -one of those bozo's that supported Ferrari when they did not win a championship for 20 years and had some of the worst F1's ever made ...
. So I take every chance of getting any Ferrari kit I can - so have a few Racers on my shelf. I am in the process of completeing 1 car as per the entry at Le mans in 1967 by Ecurie Francorchamps and one as driven by David Piper in the Kyalami 9 Hours in 1968. Attached are my first pics...

The kits are awesome, but, in 2 of the kits I have, I have very small pieces missing, the 'bolts' to hold the wingnuts for the wheels in one and a driver/seat etc in another, so one question is - is it possible to buy replacements?
(truthfully- may have gone missing in a transcontinental move we made).....

· Anthony Bartlett
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whooohooo - Aaron - Absolutely superb PLEASE pass on my thanks to Racer - service supreme!!!

Will update pics over weekend on the 2 cars. then onto the Daytona version....

· Anthony Bartlett
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
updated pics - the Ecurie Francorchamps version is complete (I see that Racer now supply inserts and wheels - so will order the correct ones for this car) with the Piper P4 now painted.

that is an Airfix 250LM in the background - the second kitbashing project I ever did!!!

Even though I defended the car's size in a thread, thought I would try to mount the Piper body on a fly chassis while I wait for the decals- here are the results - the wheels are absolutely LOST in there, so even though the car LOOKS good, its size can be clearly seen in these pic's.

STILL a great car though!!!!

Aaron - will contact you off line this weekend....

· Anthony Bartlett
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mentioned that besides a couple of Racers, had a few of the Oca bodies.

2 I have now completed, but still need to get 2 Slot.it Chassis for them. Been procrastinating on that as I really want to try and cast a chassis ...... any ideas Suggestions? (other than a direct copy of the Racer Chassis).
Did not use the supplied resin headlight castings as they were awful. For the headlights I used sequins and a metal bead . Still to add a top slot wiper..

Obviously the casting is not as good as the Racer, but then you get what you pay for. 1 irritating item Oca do not supply is a steering wheel..... I know that Maxi Models make them, but not always so easy to get hold of them when you are a few k miles away and all you need are steering wheels!!!

I now have some superb decals from Al Patterson and will be completing the David Piper version shortly...

· Anthony Bartlett
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the Piper P4 from the Kyalami 9 hours is now complete

Decals by Al Patterson... !!

There is a pic on my site of the Guston Ferrari,Piper P4, Walls Icecream Lola t70 and the Gulf Mirage - Have the lola and Al has made me the decals, so that is next, then I need a Scaley Mirage!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.