SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Doug
I'd like to post the same comment I sent to Harry when he published Capri Zakspeed test.
Hope you also will appreciate our efforts in reproducing details at a collector's level in Racer style,
even on plastic slot car.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Harry
many thanks for your review, extremely detailed and accurate.
Just would like to have the opportunity to add something to collectors point of view.
Talking about scale accuracy you did explain very well about the decision we took to use
smaller wheels in order to let anglewinder configuration work at best. Apart from that I'd like
anyway to underline the fact we gave a lot of attention in detailing able to satisfy collector's eye
but strangely noticed you did not mention in your article.
Compared to Fly version our model shows photoetched fins and wider air exits on the bonnet, the
lower part of rear bumper is also open showing slide in the rear part of the chassis. All of those details
according to the real car as raced in later versions 1980/1981.
Next SW17 Capri Zakspeed Mampe will have first body version instead, like Fly which just made one
body style for all liveries, rear bumper is closed, no fins and narrow shaped air exits on bonnet.
Not a critic of course, just to complete the good job you did with your test.

Thanks everibody
Marco
RACER Slot cars

·
Registered
212 Posts
Marco - Regarding your efforts with the extra details, they are very much appreciated. I'm sure you'll find many fans with these cars.

I look forward to the Lancia and have seen some renderings of the 935/78 Porsche 'moby dick', what other have you got planned for release?

I am hoping for some 935 K, Ferrari 512 and BMW M1 which raced at le mans in the early 80s.

Thanks,

·
Registered
439 Posts
That was a very comprehensive review.

Quick of the mark as the Capri has only just arrived and sold out in the UK at least.

A good read.

I certainly only have plans to race mine.

A question?

Are the extra offset plastic parts used for boxer type motors and hence the centre of the axle would be higher?
Would it not look so slammed then?

Being a recent starter in the slot car world i do not have any of the Fly Capris so was well pleased to see Racer announcing theirs.
With the slot it parts they are just fantastic value.

DrH

·
Registered
44 Posts
Using the offset pieces does raise the axle, but that has the affect of lowering the car even more.

Regarding the review........very comprehensive and great reading. Personally I think they've done a fantastic job and none of the issues pointed out will affect me buying a whole bunch of these. Keep up the good work Racer, it's evident that i'm not the only person thats been waiting for more body types based on slot.it components.

·
Registered
489 Posts
One thing we found with these Capri's is they have a high sensitivity to adjustment, ie half a turn can be too much, and have a dramatic affect on performance. We found the stock tires lacked grip on our club track, and 22 shore Brm 20x11's only lasted 25 seconds before balling up, luckily slot.it's f22 didn't have the same issue. What a great car, thanks Marco.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts