Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SW16 - Lancia Beta Montecarlo Gr.5 - Nurburgring 1000kms 1979 - Patrese / Rorhl

This model will have same technical characteristics as for previously released SW14 Capri Zakspeed.

Further photos of preproduction sample with latest detail level and colours will be released soon.

·
Tel
4,031 Posts
Will most certainly be bought to go with the Capri when it arrives

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
I have seen it online with the phrase 'digital plug ready' although the details just said to fit a slot.it SP12 chip. Hopefully that means that there has been a space prepared for the chip. Does anyone know?
It would be nice if the Racer website had this information available to the public, I haven't seen any specs or dimensions on their site, unless I have missed it?

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Very nice. I can see a class of car that people will be able to race and enjoy coming up. Great standard spec and they should go and handle in a manner befitting a group 5 car.

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
This one is SO on the top of my "must have" list.....

·
Registered
442 Posts
I saw the Capri on our club track last night. VERY impressive, indeed. With very little tuning and still a lot of setup time to come, tomorrow being our last race before the summer break, this is already proving to be a cracker! Lap times are up there with our well prepared DTM's. My only concern is that the rear wheels are too deep into the wheel wells and that limits the choice of tyres. For now the chap who owns it, has a set of Slot Angle 19x10's on the back and the Slot.it S2's are not any better. If we could run a 20x12 on the back, then the handling would get better and then this would fly!

Looking at the pictures of the Lancia, then it seems that the whole wheel and tyre is visible in the wheel well at the back. Then a set of 20x12's will do the trick. Sigh! Oh wait my birthday is coming up! Hey, my dearest wife and kids, I know what I want for my birthday!!

Oh did I mention that we run on silicones on the Fleischmann 39 metre track ...

·
Registered
123 Posts
There's a comparison on ItaliaSlot between the Capri & the Beta.

The Capri seems to be slightly faster, but the Beta easyer.

And as Valie said, you can't put some 20x12 tires on the Capri, they touch the arches, or the pinion ; but they fit well on the Beta.

Sure the Beta with 20x12 at the rear, will have better traction so lap times may become equal to the Capri.

and the 935K3, Martini livery, is announced for Xmas...

·
Rob
528 Posts
I am like a kid waiting for Christmas, waiting for this Lancia.

Pre-ordered mine, was end of August on many Websites - Must be a slight delay I guess

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi all,

Armchair racer in Sydney has recently updated their page indicating this is scheduled for release 'last week of September' - so hopefully this week or early next

Can't wait!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've just checked in the mirror and, yes, I've turned GREEN! (With jealousy) Mine is still nowhere to be seen or heard of ...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I should get mine tomorrow ......................... it's on its way.

Oh, and a white body kit too ...................

1 - 20 of 32 Posts