SW18 - Lancia Beta Montecarlo Fruit of the Loom - DRM winner 1980 - H.Heyer

Delivery expected by end of November.

photos by Amazingslot

·
David H
3,724 Posts
QUOTE (stoner @ 5 Oct 2012, 09:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hate the wheel inserts
Me too, but they're reasonably accurate. They were tested to destruction at the 1980 Norisring event. Anyone know how they fared...?
tongue.gif

heyer-1980.jpg

heyer-norisring-1980-01.jpg

heyer-norisring-1980-02.jpg

heyer-norisring-1980-03.jpg

Spa 1980
heyer-spa-1980-01.jpg

heyer-spa-1980-02.jpg

heyer-spa-1980-03.jpg

heyer-spa-1980-04.jpg

Attachments

·
David H
3,724 Posts
The car raced in varying configurations during 1980. The Racer model's back is similar to the Norisring set-up. At Spa, it had a more open rear. I don't know what it looked like at the other 1980 DRM rounds.

Norisring 1980
heyer-norisring-1980-01.jpg

sw18_Beta_47.jpg

Spa 1980
heyer-spa-1980-02.jpg

Race unknown
heyer-lancia.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thats another nice looking car.

Just got notified that my Lancia Beta Montecarlo was despatched yesterday, tbh wish I had waited for this livery.

of the Group 5 cars which Racer are releasing, are they releasing 2 of each type?

·
Tel
4,031 Posts
Lovely livery, one of my personal favourites

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
hy dodge, more than 2, depends on what livery was raced. their selling like hot cakes. so a change of livery is pence compared to a new model mold. they really have hit the market at the right time, judging by the number being sold and the rave reviews. john

·
Registered
80 Posts
At this moment they are just copies from the Fly Cars

nevertheless very nice what they are doing at Sideways. Never thougth it would sell that easy.

I all have them from Fly so hope that we soon get some versions that were not produced by Fly

Perhaps the Porsche 935? Jagermeister is too expensive in the Fly version + it`s a hell off a job to get it running.

regards
Frank

·
Registered
123 Posts
Frankgoes, for me these are all but copies of the Fly ones.

First of course, the performance gap .....it's just a chassis question, but Sideways did a hell of a job with it, this car is a rocket.

Secondly, the red/black one is not a Fly copy : the Fly was a Giro 1979 model, race N° 577, with additionnal lamps ; the Sideways is N° 23 that ran the same year, the Nurburgring 1000 kms.

Of course the general livery is the same - but both cars really existed, and raced.

Third, the bodies are quite different - just compare !

·
Tel
4,031 Posts
Any news on when this will be available, as it is past November ?
Also when is the next Capri livery coming ?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Savage

I have it on good authority that the Mampe Capri is reaching retailers as we speak and is set for immediate release. Not too sure on the release date for the Lancia but penciled in for late December.

Cheers,

·
Tel
4,031 Posts
Thanks F1 Kid, hopefully there will be more capri white bodies arriving too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts