SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

Information and photos of the next Racer SILVER LINE models.

Both models will be available by the end of September / beginning of October.

SL09 - 250 GTO - Equipe Nationale Belge #24 - Le Mans 24hrs 1963 - Beurlys / Langlois

SL10 - 250 GTO - F.Tavano Racing #25 - Le Mans 24hrs 1963 - P.Dumay / Elde

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
I've looked longingly at the bodies of these things time and again. Two more good livery choices but there's hardly a bad one. Only 39 cars built and already a few fantasies have slipped in!

Is it just me, though, or does the rear wheel sit too far off-centre? It's sort of hugging the back of the arch instead of...

See... a GTO has to be perfect. That's why the real thing goes for $30 million!

·
re member
4,021 Posts
The two profile pictures show your eyes and my eyes see the same thing #8.

·
Registered
212 Posts
QUOTE (driver#8 @ 22 Aug 2012, 08:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is it just me, though, or does the rear wheel sit too far off-centre? It's sort of hugging the back of the arch instead of...

yep have 2 of them and also they are way of center the back wheels
no problem for me this tho they run like a kitten , nice and smooth

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
The whole of the rear end looks to be out. See where the back window finishes, way too far forward of the rear brake duct. So the wheel and the rest of the rear body needs to go forward? And the wheel arch is too large and too high - compare the height of the top of the arch with the brake duct positions. I thought that racer were really expensive because they made their models so exact?

(and no side exhausts present on the red one)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Very nice models but i agree with the comments about the back wheels they do look to close to the rear of the arch, as regards the missing exhaust or the exhaust coming out of the side the only 250 GTO i can remember was the one driven by Graham Hill in 1963-64 the car was red with a bluis/grey front it was no 11in black on a yellow roundel and the car reg was 91553-M0 and you could see very clear indeed the exhaust poking out under the door , other 250's you could model is of course the U.D.T Laystall one already pictured no 15 in that pale green was driven by Innes Irelsnd chassis no 3505GT reg was75722-MO into 1st place at the Tourist Trophy at Goodwood Sat 18-8-1962, second in the race was Graham Hill race no 10 chassis 3729GT reg was 79396-MO in the pearl grey colours of Coombs, third place went to Mike Parks race no 5 chassis no 3589GT reg no 75723-MO, in the dark blue/white nose car owned jointly by Tommy Sopwith's team & Ronnie Hoares Maranello team, a 250 GTO 1,2,3 all the cars had rear pretruding exhausts including John Surtess's 250 GTO which crashed while leading with Jim Clarks Aston, ah i remember the race those were the days, looking forward to lots more 250 GTO's Keith.

·
Slot King
2,609 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 22 Aug 2012, 17:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>See where the back window finishes, way too far forward of the rear brake duct. So the wheel and the rest of the rear body needs to go forward? And the wheel arch is too large and too high - compare the height of the top of the arch with the brake duct positions.

Riko you're right, not just that, but the shape of the top of rear wing is also totally wrong, so it's a*s is sticking up in the air.

Shame really.

Joel

·
Rob
528 Posts
I agree the rear wheel does look a bit off centre, but i still want one of these as they are lovely.

Does anyone know if they drive well? I know they are £120 so you probably shouldn't race it,
but I hate not using a slotcar.

G

·
Again an interesting discussion. However if I look at the picture of the real car on Slotcar Today, click here (There is one picture of the real car in front of the pits) the tail looks quite good to me. The picture of the lime green car seems to be of a different body shape, also notice that the front of the red #24 car has an extra light on the side that's not on the green car.

The red car in the picture does have the exhaust pipes coming from the back though, maybe a later adjustment?

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Do they have some sort of adjustable chassis?

The pinion gear seems to be in a slightly different place on either car. And why not use black pinions so they are not so obvious in photos?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Henk there was a body for the GT0 which was called the lightweight i beleive in it's later life this car was called a lightweight so there may have been slight panel differences, all of the early cars had exhausts emiting from the rear and there may have been more than the Graham Hill car i mentioned earlier which had exhausts under the door usually with Ferrari a modification would have been on the works cars which would have been fitted with this first especially if it gave them a edge , but i am unable to find out details on this point, another thing you may notice that on differing cars the 3 nose vents are not on all Ferrari GTO's Keith.

G

·
Hi Keith,

Thank you for the detailed information, it's always a pleasure to know that there are members here on the forum with a lot of knowledge on the historical background of cars.

But now I am really confused, I have seen the same pictures of the cars on Italia Slot and there the red car has the exhaust pipes on the tail. It looks like the pictures are photo shopped, they missed one I think, would this be after the discussion in this tread

Maybe Racer could say something on this subject

1 - 20 of 23 Posts