SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

RCR61 - Ford P68 - BOAC 500 Brands Hatch 1968 - B.McLaren / M.Spence

This model will be available by the end of January.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi

Very nice but I have a few questions.

Who is paying a lot of money for this Racer if you can have this car from NSR. Most P68 fans already have one.

On the track it will never as good as a NSR? Investment? Showroom model >>>>> yes a beauty >>>>> yes

Greetz

Frank

·
David H
3,726 Posts
The Ford P68 is one of the most beautiful cars ever built and this is a lovely model, but for the price Racer charge I'd have expected them to get the decal positions spot on. The placement of the Burmah stickers should be asymmetric, best seen in the bottom photo. And yes, I know I'm nit-picking, but this isn't a £30 model. It is, though, very, very tempting.

PICT2027.jpg

brands-hatch-68-01.jpg

brands-hatch-68-02.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Racer are beautiful cars but they keep using that pathetic driver (with the goggles). When I did my Vestey 250LM I bought a replacement for Mr.Magoo and it looks so much better.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
You know, quite honestly, I think Racer should hire a student wargamer to paint the faces on their drivers. It wouldn't cost much for a student to do the quantities they produce and it would really set these cars apart from rest and justify the prices.

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
and lets talk rivets. two too many per headlight and way too many in de windows........ if its just for the looks leave it! nb, I wish I could persuade myself to take one........I allready have two of these in babyblue/orange, but a redhead is always nice on the side

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i wish-hope their the cheap ones, then you could actually race them and not break down in tears at the first triple salco on one of the turns. glass half full. john.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for info about Burma stickers Dopamine, didn t notice while preparing pre-production sample
for photos. Luckily we still have time to change position before production.

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Just noticed that the gold stripe was missing on the rear bodywork at Brands, apart from the back near the light/exhaust etc

Oh well ......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts