SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bodies would you all like to see that can be raced at EAHORC? Need to be a body really wanted that everyone going to want to get hold. So let me know

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
I'm guessing this is a response to Deane flagging up on facebook the return of some quality racing resin bodies.

Already, there's the BMW V12 LMR for the 6 hour, the BRE Datsun 240Z for Mod and and a rather nice version of the Corvette Grand Sport.

There are some other cool bodies there and if they are low, light and robust they are possible alternatives to the racing favourites we have now.

But, for the moment, I'm only looking at lexans

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just looked at picture of the BMW V12 LMR looks tops. Swaying towards getting the DW12 done. I can hear Deane's hate of that idea from here

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
The BMW is for the Tyco wide pan. Would be worth checking what wheelbase the body is for. It might be 1.7 and would fit the LWB Mega with bits of a clip glued in.

I'm wary of an OW resin. I just think the physics favours injection moulding. However good the resin body is, it'll be too brittle.

And that new Indycar is vile, IMHO

Overall, I like what's on offer at the moment. We are quite lucky in HO.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I think the DW12 is horrible, but bear in mind right now only the stock AFX Panoz body is legal in national OW class.

As for the BMW, the Tyco Pan chassis has a wheelbase pretty close to 1.7'', so might be something Bill would be open to doing.

Is that BMW on the approved 6hr list though?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
It was prototyped but never released, but I have one. It lives under lock and key.

Suprised Clive has not produced one of these yet, now that we are back to full wings.

Then again, hardly anyone races the full width wings.....

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mainly because I got a great selection of bodies from Clive plus more to come without doubt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts