SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having spent decades mooching around sundry paddocks, I've been intrigued by transporters - the large vehicles that convey racing cars to circuits.

Would love to see your models, please, as I need inspiration to build one this winter. I have a pre War Auto-Union truck in mind, but just need to get down to it. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both stunning and slightly reminiscent of the FIAT lorry carrying loot in the film, The Italian Job. Thanks.

·
Circuit Owner
5,889 Posts
Somebody also makes the 1954 Blue Wonder (Mercedes Benz) transporter in 1/32 at an eye-watering price. Cant remember the maker but its an iconic car (you could never call it beautiful). The front overhang is spectacular.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Although I appreciate the old transporters, I do like the modern ones with their low skirts, large glossy logos and advertising on the side. I having been looking for some modern 1/32 ones for years to add to my layout. Sadly, I have had to make do with some standard lorries with a logo stuck to the side. Would be great if someone could produce some, or even a base model which we could them add detail to, would be great for track builders.

·
Kitbasher
4,247 Posts
I bought a modern Ferrari transporter from TKMax a few years ago for £10, it was HUGE and i eventually sold it on,

One can't go past the beautiful MMK Ferrari Transporter:
One of my prized slotcars (?) is the MMK

I also have the Airfix Ferrari / Ford transporter kit in the 'round tuit' pile, they also made a Tyrell otherwise look to the resin manufacturers Prewing are due to release a Vanwall transporter very soon.

3941debbca6e7ab8434e88b80804cf7a.jpg

·
Slot King
2,606 Posts
Here is the only built transporter in my collection. Based on a toy made in Hong Kong and built by Mike Sells as a static with full interior.

Incidentaly, the D type is also Hong Kong made (OK Kadder) now transformed in the long nose version and fitted with a Cox chassis (not good at all).
med-R0015622.JPG

med-R0015623.JPG

Joel

Attachments

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joel

Thanks. A wonderful combination. The Team Scotland transporter is probably a popular favourite with many Brits of a certain age. Abfab.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
IIRC the Ecurie Ecosse Transporter used the amazing opposed piston 3 cylinder Commer engine. It sounded like a bag of bolts when it started up but was apparently quite smooth and powerful when up to speed.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Another of Mike Sells excellent transporters.

Lotus UKs.jpg

The transporter that Ford built and supplied to Team Lotus for the Cortina programme in the British Saloon Car Championship, Lotus also used it for the Lotus 47 programme a few years later.

IMAG1207.jpg

IMAG1208.jpg

The part completed model from Mike Sells. I have the chassis and suspension from Mike and have managed to find suitable wheels. I will finish the model one day....

David

Attachments

Reactions: munter

·
Registered
866 Posts
I Think Le Mans miniatures produced the early seventies Matra Simca transporter a few years back, as a kit and RTR, seem to remember it being about £300,would not have been able to justify that to SWMBO.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here is my project in progress.

I'm trying to build this transporter from the '70s. At the time, it was state of the art for Australia:

5645-N-Moff-76-lo.jpg

I've looked for a long time and finally found a workable starting point, this Aoshimi kit:

Aoshimifronts.jpg

Here is how it stands today:

IMG_0327s.jpg

Plenty of work left to complete it including ramps, storage and accommodation:

IMG_0328s.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Love the guy with the bag of chips ! The truck looks fantastic too, and the Ecurie Ecosse transporter is my favourite ever (I have the Corgi diecast)

Simon

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Just remembered, I saw a black Jag X type with a duck on the bonnet instead of the leaping cat , I'll try to get a picture

Simon

·
Registered
203 Posts
...just some pics from the alps ⛷ have a look to the grill of the Carrera wrecker, an idea of THE vienna slotcar dealer!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 203 Posts