SlotForum banner

141 - 160 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The first photo of the lightweight 904 makes it look as if it is the result of a Meyers Manx and a Chaparral 2c being left together overnight in a barn.
I had similar thoughts, it's a most outlandish looking shape, and most un-Porsche-like.

Thanks for all the Bergspyder info Trisha, I didn't realise they'd made so many.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Kit

I forgot to mention that the odd-looking 904-8 - the subject of your original question - finished second overall on the 1965 Targa Florio. It was nicknamed the 'kangaroo' because of its extraordinarily good roadholding on difficult surfaces.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Marshall? I didn't know they did road vehicles too. They were one of my customers, but for aviation sector test rigs.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Marshall also bodied bus chassis, they produced a neatly detailed single decker body for a batch of the infamous Daimler Roadliners for our local company, PMT, in 1968, these bodies had more attention to detail than the Plaxton batch.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Thank you, Matthew. Most kind of you. I think you're right about the Pewter paint. I also like it very much. The Auto-Union to match the truck, also in Pewter, would look superbly well. Thanks for the suggestion. Nice idea. A Beetle in the same shade, perhaps, as well?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
A pewter Beetle is a good idea and it would look great. It's a good colour for any car, maybe even as a base colour for a 1971 Vic Elford Martini 917LH.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,588 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Back in post 126 I showed a photo of the Matchbox King Size Racing Transporter with a BRM being loaded what I forgot to mentiion is that is based on this

attachicon.gif
Lotus UKs.jpg

The Team Lotus Ford Thames based transporter used by the Cortina team
Just came across this and was wondering - are those tail lights on the Cortina the same ones used on the Lola GT?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Those rear lights with the 'Mercedes' 3-pointed star look were one of the signature details on the Mk1 Ford Cortina. They were used on the Howmet turbine car from 1968, too.

Mike

141 - 160 of 203 Posts