SlotForum banner

Racing classes for rest of 2012 ?

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Phil Upton 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
saw Phils suggestions for racing
agree with them

1/Slot IT challenge
2/NSR GT3 - AUDI-PORSCHE- CORVETTE
3/Inline open class - set motor type (closed can and maximum rpm) and control tyre ????? basically vey few rules.
4/Classic NSR - SLOT IT
5/1/24th

can we discuss this at the club ?

cheers
Peter

#4 ·
No, not really

I think it's best discussed on Thursday really.

I must say, I agree with Lee re. the motors. Inline configuration may place the motor magnets over the rails in a more favourable position but you've got a much narrower margin of error if the car steps sideways. Also I think the rpm should be capped at 25k.

#5 ·
Yeah that's good with me
maybe 23k max would be more appropriate seeing as most of the motors we already have are not ant higher than this , don't want everyone having to go out buying nsr king 25s do we ? I still have about 3 lol
what an awesome inline motor that seemed to be

Yeah when the end steps out a tiny bit the mag effect doesn't do it's job any way with angle winder you have a tolerance either side where the car is sliding out to but the motor will pull you back in.

G
#6 ·
I think 25k is fine, if we cap it at a lower k, it's not far off the Slot.it challenge type car then we would have two classes that are similar.

Maybe at a later date we can have a look at a saloon/rally class depending what cars are available. Testing the MSC Subaru Impreza on my track, very stable and smooth car, motor a bit mad, feels like it has turbo lag! Mark R's idea putting in a Slot.it motor seems a good idea, more testing needed.

On a different subject, I gave my new MrSlotcar Mazda a blast round my track last night after putting on some 15's and doing the usual loosen the screws and taking the mag out etc, brought back happy memories of the Battle of the Manufactures!

What a fantastic car, good for a 24hr race ;-) I should think.

#8 ·
my thoughts were to include any inline car .
any motor under 25 k (open or closed)
control tyre
else free choice
We all have loads of bits lying about from past classes and cars weve bought that we never use etc .. why dont we just use them.
it would give us a chance to race AVANTSLOT/SCALEAUTO/Sloting plus/MRSLOTCAR/NSR/SLOTIT etc ...

G
#9 ·
QUOTE (Pete-slot @ 23 May 2012, 11:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>my thoughts were to include any inline car .
any motor under 25 k (open or closed)
control tyre
else free choice
We all have loads of bits lying about from past classes and cars weve bought that we never use etc .. why dont we just use them.
it would give us a chance to race AVANTSLOT/SCALEAUTO/Sloting plus/MRSLOTCAR/NSR/SLOTIT etc ...

Yes we have already talked about this, which mirrors what you are suggesting and I think will go ahead.

I think I would get upset if I sat down and worked out how much I've spent on bits and then filed them away somewhere!

Pete you need to ad the Molesey banner in you Signature, cut and paste this

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/uploads/13..._1370_62551.jpg

G
#11 ·
QUOTE (lapster @ 28 May 2012, 16:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Flange, when you say cut off the 1/24 do you mean stop racing them. Lapster.

I can answer that one, no we are not cutting out 1/24 unless it's not supported it could go but as far as know we are still racing them. A meeting needs to be arrange a bit sharp ish to talk about the car classes.

#12 ·
It would be nice to agree pretty soon as it is slightly confusing atm. What class are we racing this week?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.