SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past I have read some posts regarding how a racer should use his controller; in our club we have friends who think that they could also impress other guys with strange faces, and so doing they could win races!

Here is an example :

Have YOU ever seen YOUR face when YOU are racing hard?
Ciao

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
umm the mannerisms get me.. Mr J. Cook with his hilarious point the thorttle at the car to make it go faster style, phil and his never ending supply of invisable gum, dunno what BSN does, usually hands up in the air shouting at a marshall for coming off, rr3.9 narrowing his eyes, I just tend to lean forwards - aerodynamics see
usually to see round a cap or something

Rob.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
` Casper` leans forward and nods like a nodding dog and stops you seeing your braking point.`J.W` nerfs you constantly like a bloomin mobile chicane and then looks all pained as you look him in the eye. The `Iceman` is cold,calculating poker faced, until the end of the race. `Richie` wears daft hats and his stance has become known as `the blow up doll`. `R.S` dances like a pole dancer...but at least keeps his kit on! `Flying Ads` bursts into Tasmanian Devil Dancer mode each time he crashes. `Haggis Hugging Chris Hanna` rolls his eyes and mutters in that strange foreign language...`Jockenese`. `Skippy` shouts "Dohh" and then annoyingly catches you up very quickly. Jim is the `Roswell Alien`and is just plain strange! Me? I press my trigger so hard it hurts the next day too and if `Smokin Joe ` annoys me I pick him up and hold him upside down by the ankles whilst racing! `P1 Darbs` beats you whilst racing and he`s also talking on his mobile! `Dick Dastardley`limps off if he gets a bad result,skips away if he gets a good result. `Gary the phone` gets very nervous. `Robbie D` is very, very quiet and `Timmy Jordan` does "fast Show" and "little Britain" impressions whilst racing. .....Just your average slot racers really.

You want pictures? Some of them faces are scarey,scarey,scarey!!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
It's just possible Russell might remember this one from 2-3 years ago . . .

It was alleged that this mutant controller and its accoutrements could actually cause constipation, sterility and cure syphilis!

On exposure to the other end of this wild weapon, one might be inclined to believe!

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
There is taking it too seriously and then there is that controller.

Do not try getting on an aeroplane with that - they will simply never, ever believe you.

Scott

p.s. For those disturbed by what they see above we will shortly be starting a "controller envy" thread - another SlotForum Care in the Commutator service.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
That's of course a picture of Koford "works" driver and multiple US Champion Mike Swiss, that Tropi has posted.

The idiot in the picture below (with the red collar) is another person who likes to lean forward when racing, obstructing the view of the other racers.... Not to mention the distraction caused by the instructions shouted by his "spotter", standing directly behind him.....

No prizes for guessing who it is!

Speaking of controllers and airport security, back in 1992 I attended the UES/ESROC Championship in Ceska Lipa, in the former Czechoslovakia. I had no problem carrying my slot car box with me into the cabin of the aircraft, all the way from Johannesburg, via Frankfurt, to Prague. Upon leaving Prague on my way back home, a rather stout Czech lady security officer opened my slot car box and confiscated my controller -- an electronic Omni! I never saw it again.... But it was okay for me to keep the X-Acto knives, screwdrivers, etc., with me...

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
LOL @ Rail Racer - I think he hit it right!

Hard to stump the walking encyclopaedia, Russell, with memory lane questions, though I thought he would get Mike Swiss - and he did!
It raises a good question - just how DO people deal with 8 drivers craning their necks trying to see? It's quite hard dealing with just four of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts