SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
Using a simple penny for the hook, these 3D printed bottle openers are strong, light, and work great!

This is my series of racing inspired color combinations. More combinations by request.

$5 USD each, and includes shipping in the US. International shipping at cost. A discount may be available for multiple orders.

(If you have a 3D printer, you can get the model I used here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1842 - Then, with a whole lot of filament changing, do the same thing.)

Attachments

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I've also added Gulf and Yamaha to my repertoire.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Liquorish Allsort anyone?? .........
wink.png

Reactions: Martyn_

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HA! They do look like that! Maybe I'll re-brand them as "Liquorish Allsort inspired bottle openers". Thanks! :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
NIce job. Our Digital Club (6 Drivers) has already 4 lovers ot the 4 liveries you made.

There are just 2 left:

1) Shell Racing Liveries

DJR-3-640x441.png

2) Italian Police (my official colors)
lamborghini-huracan-polizia_2.jpg?itok=N

Do the magic, please. It's time for me to buy some Christmas gift...

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
Got to do JPS & Jaegermeister

Tony
Ooh, yeah. I have the colors. The trick is coming up with an appropriate pattern. I think JPS is black and gold in just about any configuration you want. Jaeger appars to be primarily orange and white, though still with no specific pattern like the other ones. If you're interested, I'll be happy to work on a pattern you like. I'm working with Udo in PMs on the ones he's interested in.

If that's a coin in the slot, do they accept all currencies?
It's designed for a USA penny, but the Canadian penny is the same size. I just measured and it's 19mm diameter, and about 1.3-1.4mm thick. Any coin with close enough dimensions will work. Too thick and it will be hard to insert, and too small might fall out or not have enough lip to catch the bottle cap, though. I think there are some remixes of the design for different coins around the world, but I don't know which ones are available. If you follow the link above, it will be a good place to start.

I provide the pennies, by the way, so if you're interested, you don't have to worry about that. If you're wanting to print your own, though, hopefully someone has already made a version for coins you have easy access to. If you want me to print up a version for your coins, I'm happy to do so, if the model is available, because I probably can't get the coins for measuring and testing, and couldn't guarantee that they'd work without being able to test a print.

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now offering versions inspired by Polizia and Shell

I like the idea of JPS and Jaeger, so will probably have those up next.

Attachments

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,334 Posts
Now that is great idea for prizes at big race events! Nice one Greg, I'll have a chat with the guys in the club - I'm sure there will be an order for several Gulf, JPS and Alitalia ones.

could you price up the cost of posting 6 to the UK, and I'll see if the guys are interested?

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Assuming international shipping is the same to the UK as it is to Italy, then it's $14. For 6 openers like Udo just ordered, I discounted the total to $35 shipped.

Currently I'm making up some JPS and they look great. Trying to work out a good looking pattern for Jaeger, thinking about using both gold and white along with the orange. Any feedback on that would be appreciated.

·
Greg Gaub
15,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JPS and Jaegermeister inspired versions ready to ship.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts