Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im hoping to eventually do these 3 minis in 1/32 to run on my scaley track. ive been thinking possibly penelope pitlane sidewinder chassis, scaley c series shells,but am a bit in the dark as its my first project. any help appreciated thanks !!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Vitamini,

I'm not an expert on slot Minni's although I had a real 1600S mini in the 90's, I had lots of fun with that car traveled all over Europe with that car, but a real bugger to work on.
Since it will be your first slot scratch build, why don't you keep a look out on E-bay or an other secondhand market for an old mini, you can do real bargains. With some milliput you can reshape it, how ever you want. For the powerhouse under the bonnet there are better experts than me. Good luck with your project, keep us posted when you start with the project.

Cheers,
Danny

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the enthusiasm,ive got an "ebay mini" to get started with.ive decide that its going to have to be an inline motor cos theres so little room.wheel wise im struggling, ive found some scalextric replica size alloy ones that pendle sell but really wanted to go for 3/32 axles, any ideas? i found this other mini on an older post, does anyone know what wheels its running? cheers and back to the drawing board !!

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I'm not sure but that looks like it could be Martins car. Kustomart on here, look for his page there will be pictures in his gallery.
I have some minilte style inserts that were from Penelope Pitlane, avail from their website or Pendle. Howevre they were 13" not 10"
What about checking with Pendle if the sell spares of the wheels for the current Scalextric (Proper) Mini?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finally got a little progress on my min, i cut the original wheel arches off the body and moved them up a few mm then glued em back to lower the shell down on the chassis a bit. theres still plenty of fiddling to do but its coming together !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi folks, sorry its taking so long but here's an update on the mini so far, still got decals to apply and the fuel injection stacks that poke out of the bonnet but she's coming on well.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Looking good there, Those Revolution inserts look good. There is some nice detailing too.

Glad you've stuck with it, its definately been worth the effort.

Simon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts