·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am aware of these types:

Crash and burn
Marshalled

The DS timer box as well as the new Scalex Digital advo talk about between 3 and 10 race modes/types. The DS System boasts a number of race modes.

Does anyone know what they are talking about? Do the DS folk have a site explaining their modes/system, etc.?

-Maltese

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I'm guessing but perhaps things like compulsory "pit stops" or similar. I actually race at two clubs where the formats are totally different. At the Scalextric club we race I suppose what could be called "first past the post" whereby the first to 12 laps wins and scores 10 points, second 6 etc. using the old 1:1 points standard. These are marshalled.

At the BSCRA club we run "segmented". You run for three minutes on one lane, then the power is cut and you move to the next lane at the same point where you came to rest. After the four racers have each done four lanes, the totals are totted up and a percentage of the final lap is added (so you end up doing something like 96.45 laps). The next four racers race against each other and so on. Then everyones scores are ranked up to give the final placings. I wonder if the Digital system is set up to accomodate these sort of timed races as well.

It's a bit like the difference between F1 (Set number of laps) and Le Mans (number of laps in 24 hours)

Coop

·
DT
5,195 Posts
From their site:

Race Modes: Choose from Grand Prix, NASCAR, Endurance, Rally, Rally Stage, Drag, Arcade and Pursuit modes.
Pit Stops: Force pit stops for drivers and watch the cars get faster as the fuel load gets lighter.
Easy Drive: Regulate car speeds based on the drivers ability - great for the kids!

Check out: http://www.scalextricsportworld.com and http://www.scalextricsportdigital.com.

Our preview on Sport World has some more info: Check it out here. And the preview on Sport Digital: here.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Pursuit Mode. This is when cars start on equi opposite side of the track. The power cuts in at the same time for each driver and the one who looses is the one who is cought up first.

Rally Mode. You complete a number of different stages and it is the one with the best accrued time that wins. The control system simulates snow, ice and rain and so in these circumstances if you apply power too quickly you will skid.

Endurance Mode. You race for a set time of say 1 hr and it is the one who completes the higher number of laps, taking into account factors governed by your strategy which determines top speed, acceleration, fuel consumption and number of pit stops.

These are the three that I can remember for now.

NASCAR sounds like you race for 400 laps with with a set number of pit stops on an oval type circuit.

Formula 1 sounds like a 50-70 lap sprint race on a more demanding circuit with either 1 or 2 pit stops for refueling.

Moped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts