SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade my carrera pro-X nascars.

They need more torque.

Their top speed is wasted, so im willing to sacrifice speed.

They BADLY need more braking. The problem is, pro-X doesnt have dynamic braking and the cars are bricks, so im talking about mechanical resistance that will help to slow the cars.

I was thinking about using a tiny pinion gear with a higher rpm motor. That should give more acceleration and should give more braking.

Are there any motors known for braking?

Any ideas??

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (astro @ 5 Dec 2004, 14:00)the spring or the extra magnets will aid braking, but they will also reduce acceleration. A motor with better torque and shorter gearing will increase braking AND acceleration (though might reduce top speed)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm trying to put together a digital racing program with some friends that I race 1:1 cars during the summer. They are interested, but the feel and performance of the stock cars is all wrong and im afraid they would lose interest. Because I would like them to prepare their own cars, I dont want to go off the deep end with mods.

I think first I will try a 5:1 gear ratio. This will sacrifice top speed, but give them satisfying torque, and help with braking.

The way they are now, they have no low end torque, but can generate lots of speed; too much to brake off safely without brakes. . . I think more grunt, slightly improved braking, and lower top speed will help balance things out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts