SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
11,651 Posts
Ken - where are you?

If in England (or even if not), both Phil Smith and Derek Cooper have good stocks of all sorts of parts, and their own websites. They're also at many swap meets, and Phil's Orpington swap meet is coming up very soon.

I've been accumulating stuff for some 20 odd years and it's changed over time - but you can be sure that, no matter how much you have, you'll never have the part you need when you start building!

Lots on ebay are good sources of various parts, and you can probably still get some fairly cheaply. For some stuff, there's also EJ's Hobbies and Electric Dreams in the US.

Sort of depends what you want to do with this car too; the Cox Ford GT wheels are nice, but probably not what the Turbine car was running... (hmm, just looked at mine, they're not all that different, but probably a little narrower and taller than the real ones).

Don

· Administrator
11,651 Posts
Actually, I think that the white Monogram guide is even smaller and tidier than the Revell version, but they're a little harder to find. Monogram also made a couple different sizes, but I find them generally easier to use than the Revells.

I also remember a column in an English or American magazine saying that he had found the Monogram guide better than the Revell, based on a track test!

The other possibility is a reverse guide, pivoting from the front instead of the rear. Cox made one of these, for the Super Cuc I think, but they're rare and expensive. There's also a version by GarVic, but it's not as practical - or you can make your own, if you've got a drill press, or a steady hand... (cut off post, redrill a hole in front, put in 1/8" rod of some sort).

Keep us up to date on this project Ken, love the STP Turbine!

Don

PS: thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.