SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi every one here are a few pictures of my track!!!

1st heres the track from afar

and for a more safe track we used foam covered in fabric to create a barrier to make sure non of the drivers hurt themselves too much while getting there car back after a crash.

I have yet to wire the LC's or the track as when 3 or more cars are racing there is a real lack of power when driving away from the powerbase, but wiring is on my to do list.

Well now we come to the track and plenty of custom track pieces as they just isnt the amount of various track available we need for example, the pit lane exit was just far too long so it was cut down by a half piece

room was made for it to fit in after the 3 lane corner which is a radius 1 curve and single inner radius 2 curve which again was custom cut by myself
I also had to cut down a straight for the pit lane as no piece would fit in so the remains of the pit lane exit was used and chopped down.

Then I have made a sport track version of a 'dragster turn / hill climb turn, just use four single lane curves and 4 cut down radius one curve so you left with just the innermost curve as you can see in the pictures,

The last track mod was bending a standard track piece to use as the bridge which isnt perfect but does mean some of the cars have to use the brakes so as not to deslot while flying over the humpback bridge, especially those with out magnets.

Well a few lights were added with many more planned to cars as well as the track 1st the grandstand

as you can see some of the figures still need painting, more lights were added to the scratch built start gantry

The scenery was done by myself and my wife and includes scalextric and Britains Floral Gardens

and the odd parts from else where like this pencil sharpener

HOPE YOU ENJOY THESE PICS I WILL POST MORE PICS WHEN I GET ROUND TO IT.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks good nice to see you have made good use of a small space i like it

How long is the track and what is your fastest lap?
i would like to suggest getting some more crowd control and if your not botherd with painting you can get the new MRRC figs or Homies.

best regrads Nik.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (trickie dickie @ 15 Apr 2007, 22:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Love the telephone box. Where on earth did you find it. I've been hunting for one for ages to place opposite the pits, a la Snetterton

the phonebox is actually from 'Ponden Mill' in Haworth yorkshire, and was only 2.50. i would imagine they have a web site as there a largish company with a few stores, they also had a pillar box but it was about an inch bigger than the phonebox well hope you manage to sort one out.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (slicknik @ 15 Apr 2007, 20:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks good nice to see you have made good use of a small space i like it

How long is the track and what is your fastest lap?
i would like to suggest getting some more crowd control and if your not botherd with painting you can get the new MRRC figs or Homies.

best regrads Nik.

hey Nik not sure about the length will try and messure it tonight and let you all know my fastest lap would be in the stock itallian job mini's at 5.56 seconds but some of the other cars are more like 8 seconds. i will paint the figures just takes time and will check outg the MRRC ones in the meantime, BTW anybody spotted any hommies in leeds else i think will be ebay. thanks for all the positive comments. spzero

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there just to let you know the track length is 11.81M long (this is is you travel around the circuit without using the lane changers depending on where you change it will be slightly longer or shorter, and i used some bits of dowel ripped of my wifes plate rack as they were to many and the plates didnt fit i used these as tree stumps and chopped down wood am considering turning the longer bits i have left over to make a few more trees heres the pic :

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey all you slotters here's some new pics after purchasing some more stuff!
got the 'Britains' equestrian gift set for 25% of original price ie £5 for a landrover,trailer and a bunch of horses ,as toy world have gone bankrupt and flogging all there stuff real cheep only thing they managed to return all the good stuff from there hobby department (i.e. scalextric trains and radio controled cars) but had some britains stuff and a few static dicast(ish) stuff well which is about 70% plastic the lorry says its 1/32 on the box looks huge especially next to a fly truck (but only cost £7 so im not complaining), are they to scale?????
?????? any way heres some pics njoy

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well everyone here's a few more pic's 1st heres a diagram of the track with 'sponsor's logos' all coners have been lovingly named with help from the family.

and then i got an old britains tractor a bit tatty but only 60pence from car boot and ive wallpapered the bridge, with dolls house wall paper it dosent look that great however i tend to weather it a bit and neaten up abit

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unfortunatly due to recent house move and lack of a spare room the rainville rally has now being cancelled pending redisign to fit in a smaller placve. there is an extension/basement tanking pending in the future, who know when? until then all races will be confined to a much smaller place.. thankv you for your help and advice and words of comendationn ....................the end. (for now (till phase two))

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Hibby, the two to one lane is done using a digital pitstop track, the two pieces are placed next two each other connecting to a single piece of track as can be seen here, to the left of the truck

then the return track is two digital single lane inner radius3 turns then 4 custome cut iner radius 1 curves, as seen here

The bridge is just normal sport track bent and hotglued around classic bridge supports not the best way as can distort the track and as such some cars got stuck but after a bit of tinkering with my screwdriver it was okay, see here

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Spzero, thank you for that info.

I managed to find out more about the humpback, seems that cutting out small sections in the back of the track to help bending may also be useful.

Now I see how the track lanes go 2-1-2 it makes much more sense to me, now if only I had room for a permanent layout, that idea would be perfect for what id like to try and achieve.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Absolute love your self-made Sport track hill turn curve.........!!!

Think also its about time for Hornby to launch a few new Sport track pieces (lane change track for different radi, more single lane tracks, short sensor tracks, sensor/flipper hardwardware kit, etc.....
Will shamelessly incorporate your idea into my own design......

·
Registered
544 Posts
There is a how to on converting a standard straight to suit the humpback bridge in my thread on Auslot "Humback How to" and by adding a few cuts here and there as well as a bit of heat to bend i have no problems with deslots

Cheers Gloveman

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.