SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got ideas on how to get the level of the scenery up to the level of the track? I have Carrera track (9mm thick) which I'll be attaching to MDF - I'll then need to level the surface to the height of the track using some material - any ideas?

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE I have Carrera track (9mm thick) which I'll be attaching to MDF - I'll then need to level the surface to the height of the track using some material

Well...are you looking for a transition to grass or shoulders or to a whide boarder for the track? I ask this since also have Carrera and did not desire track boarders on my layout.

Some areas of th track are simple drop off, others go into an incline while others use a shoulder with lots of woodland scenics products.

here's what I mean...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want the effect of the track inlaid into the scenery - so covering all the spaces between the track edges with ceiling tiles will work fine.

Do you have anymore pics - don't get to see many Carrera layouts so it'll be good to see what you've done there.

·
Registered
773 Posts

layouts like that?

Just placed within a "carpet of grass" - available at any DIY - use the one with knobs beyond - these carpets are close to the Carrera track height! Will also use this method for Suzuka.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...no, a friend of mine, longy, is owning this track - he's living close to Nuernberg and has been inspired from my 4-laner for his 6-laner.
Slot-Connection ist the name of the club - just visit their HO to get an idea. 6-laners are very popular in Germany - even with Carrera-track as club-tracks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts